A $6 tool for easily hanging pictures

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/05/a-tool-for-easily-hanging-pict.html

3 Likes

Hi. The item does not appear to be $6 at this time.

1 Like

Sorry, Amazon evidently auto-magically raised the price.

1 Like

Call a professional Frame Nudger!

6 Likes

Do your own search on Amazon and it may appear with a lower price. I see $6.20 with free shipping when I do this.

Free works for me too. Get an app

2 Likes

Is there any way that BB can get affiliate revenue from aliexpress? The tool is available there for as little as $4. Of course, by the time it arrives you might have already had your earthquake, or died from one of the diseases for which your neighbors refuse to vaccinate.

2 Likes

A stick and a nail. I know this isn’t lifehacker, but come on.

2 Likes

Wait, what? No. That’s not a thing. How could it be? Stability is easily achieved by using two hooks a few cm apart. They don’t even have to be level with each other (but reasonably close so the wire rests on both). Two hooks means that the picture can’t simply pivot (pendulum-style) on the hanging point, but that the wire actually has to slide a bit on the hooks for the angle to change. This is MUCH more stable than a single hook. Try it, you’ll see.

As for levelling the picture, well, if it looks straight, it is.

2 Likes

Yeah, I see that now. It’s not quite as useless as I thought.

1 Like

I have a similar tool I bought years ago. Comes in very handy for putting up shelves, coat hooks, etc.

The pricing fluctuates because every seller of this item is probably using an algorithmic repricer with different priorities.

1 Like

Or for zero money, just leave them slightly slanted and drive your OCD friends wild!
(It’s easier for me, I live in a house with a picture rail).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.