A UK collective of female elder punks bashing it out

Originally published at: A UK collective of female elder punks bashing it out | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Awesome. I often think how we just consume music that other people play now since (the past hundred years now) recorded music became easily accessible. That in the past it was more common for more people to play their own music at home whether it be a piano or a guitar or fiddle or just singing. I feel like people of all sorts - and not just a few popular 20 something’s - should make music together. Not to get famous or to get rich but because it’s a really enjoyable thing to do. (I just looked up this they might be giants quote and found that it originally came from a brand of ukuleles)

16 Likes

It’s loud, it’s not great, it includes a trombone, and I fucking LOVE every minute of this shit. These women rock!

17 Likes

“Who let you into this song?”

Hahahaha. Love it.

Speaking as a guy whose mid-life crisis was to start taking bass guitar lessons at age 53, this kind of stuff makes me very happy.

12 Likes

Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

9 Likes

Leicester, you say?

That’s just down the road from me. I should get in touch!

Especially as I do stuff like this…

and I’m rapidly approaching 50… :grimacing:

12 Likes

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

10 Likes

I really should!

Bookmarking this for later :+1:

11 Likes

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

9 Likes

I’m in Velvet Crisis, that’s me in the gold sequinned jacket. Come and see us play, we’ve got 3 gigs coming up in March: 3rd at Duffy’s (Fempower gig), 8th at Firebug (International Women’s Day) and 26th at The Big Difference. Bring some friends, come and say hello :guitar::metal::heart:

17 Likes

Excellent, thanks! I’ll definitely come and say Hi :metal::sunglasses:

9 Likes

I fucking love this!

Welcome to the Boing-Boing BBS!!!

9 Likes

Punk Rock Motivation GIF by INTO ACTION

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

10 Likes

7 Likes

Cool as fuck:

Welcome to BB!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.