All-girl garage punk band The Linda Lindas played the L.A. Public Library

Originally published at: All-girl garage punk band The Linda Lindas played the L.A. Public Library | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Love love love this band!

9 Likes

Oooo oooo oooo :wink:

2 Likes

It is depressing to think about how much more accomplished these girls are in Middle school than I have ever been. But very cool.

8 Likes

hahaha that’s life eh? I can’t compare myself to all these awesome kids. I was in my basement playing Ultima III…

3 Likes

Noice! This is going into my daughter’s playlist for when she is old enough to watch youtube. Btw. The song you timestamped is „Rebel Girl“, the one after „Racist Sexist Boy“, and it does really rock.

4 Likes

There is hope yet for this world.

11 Likes

Link for the BBS

9 Likes

This made my day!

3 Likes

“We are the Linda Lindas! Have a nice day! Wooh!”

I haven’t seen something like this since a Sleater-Kinney concert in 1998. Outstanding.

5 Likes

I just played this for my kids hoping it would inspire them.

Me to my eldest (still rather young), “It would take practice, but you could play like that and have a band someday.”

My eldest , “I think I want to be a comedian now.”

4 Likes

Wow. They are very good. I was surprised to learn how young they are. I hope they stick together and keep it up. Imagine how awesome the Linda Linda’s will be when their average age is 19.

4 Likes

Thank you, not sure how that happened but I’m getting it fixed!

1 Like

If they didn’t play this cover of Blue Heart’s “Linda Linda” from the fun movie of the same name, it would be a shame

2 Likes

Jealous of kids these days. This music is the soundtrack of youth. But it didn’t even exist until a few decades ago as far as I can tell.

Playing in public libraries is a cherished punk tradition:

Whether your aesthetic preferences are brain-damaged enough to consider Spazz good music is another question entirely.

2 Likes

I was hoping for the same as well.

Public libraries to play in are a luxury compared to the more usual venue of incredibly dirty basements or not much cleaner dive bars! My favorite re-purposed venue to see shows in was a former funeral home.

1 Like

Please can you guys ditch the “Latinx” tag and excise it in quotes? It’s not a thing, unless that thing is native English speakers trying to tell native Spanish speakers how to vocabulary. Lot of articles out there about this. Spanish already has a gender neutral word: Latine. Thank you for your consideration.

4 Likes

I actually went and bought Paranmaum’s EP after that movie.
SOOOOO worth it.