A unified theory of Pixar movies

Jon Negroni’s Pixar Theory: “Every movie is connected and implies major events that influence every single movie.” [HT: Rob Sheridan] READ THE REST

Not sure if it’s true, but I read this yesterday:

True according to Andrew Stanton in the first WALL•E teaser: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x65v7p_wall-e-teaser-trailer-1-hd-720p_shortfilms

Not really that surprising, as ideas are easy. (Well, for most people, unless they train themselves out if.)

The hard part is all the boring stuff later, where you try to form the ideas to a coherent whole, write and rewrite and rewrite again and again. Plus all the coordination with all the other artists involved, which will have visual and cinematic ideas a writer may not have thought of and so on.

1 Like

You don’t think four ideas over one single lunch, that all got made, and grossed an average of over half a billion each is notable? I do. :slight_smile:

It’s interesting, but it’s not as if these ideas grossed all that money simply by being had. Also, all the stories mentioned are pretty formulaic, with well understood archetypes on all levels. They are certainly at the good end of that spectrum and exceptionally well made - I enjoyed them a lot - but the basic ideas are nothing that had not been sen before.

Don’t forget, it was a work lunch, They actually got together to discuss what movies they wanted to do next and you can bet that each one of them already had a bundle of test balloons to float during that meeting.

Well, sure… Anyhow, I mentioned it, really, in relation to the suggestion that they all share a common world.

I read that article, too, Amusing, but, if taken serious, not convincing. The injokes in the movies are nice, but the essay would be a prime example for what Schneier warned about in “connecting the dots afterwards”.

Holy crap! The trailer from A Bug’s Life and Monsters, Inc. is a cartoony version of Steven Linder’s (Thomas M. Wright) trailer in the teasers for Diane Kruger’s new show The Bridge!

FX kidnapper (and perhaps killer) rampages through the Pixar world. Oh, the humanity…er, toon-ity.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.