A video that explains why airplane food sucks – and it doesn't have to do with cost

I was surprised on KLM to notice that the relatively fancy looking menu they handed me actually had the day’s date printed on it. The menu was printed just for that flight. Meals on KLM to Europe have been decent for me, but the vegan meals vary from very good to incredibly lazy.

But, as to “noisy” being an issue, lots of restaurants are loud. Airline food is meh because it is hundreds of ready meals served in a hurry.

2 Likes

Have your ticket ready.

2 Likes

This explains why I don’t mind airline food. After a lot of sinus infections my sense of smell is really weak. This is how all my food tastes, I can’t tell the difference :joy:

2 Likes

Who ever I fly with I always request the “Asian Vegetarian” option - Passengers for rows around me conspicuously groak* on my dhal, bhajis and Saag Paneer!

*to stare at people who are eating in the hope that they will offer to share their food

The food is still great with Air France, it’s kind of mandatory for an international French company to have good food.

1 Like

Yup. That’s my method too. When booking or checking in, I always select “Hindu” meal. (or have it saved in my preferences).
Its always a nicely spiced veggie meal. (on flights that offer meal service).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.