A word processor that improvises keyboard jazz while you type

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/09/08/a-word-processor-that-improvises-keyboard-jazz-while-you-type.html

2 Likes

If music be the food of love, this is more, an Eating Challenge than a palatable snack.

1 Like

So it’s a keylogger…mkay

5 Likes

I would easily use a plugin like this every day, if I were confident in its security, because I grew up with Mister Rogers and this reminds me or that. I could use more happy places.

3 Likes

Source: The Mighty Boosh , Electro, Season 1, Episode 7, 2004 06 29 , Gif found at GetYarn.io , no attribution or date given.

And you are right, we need more happy places and it totally reminded me of Mr. Rogers.
I loved an app called Omm Writer ⁽ⁿᵒ ᵃᶠᶠᶦˡᶦᵃᵗᵉ ˡᶦⁿᵏ⁾ . It is simple and it provided a set of low key, pun not intended, auditory sounds as one typed, and could also provide some ambient sounds in the background, while providing a simple platen to write on. Unfortunately it is only available on Macs and PCs, but not as an iOS, Android, or as a web app. It is worth checking out; it is not free, but the pricing is flexible.

**Edits: to add source, quote, reply and to add OmmWriter text

3 Likes

I love the little relaxing chord it gives with a full stop.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.