Aaron Carter pays artist $12,500 settlement after using work on merch without permission

Originally published at: Aaron Carter pays artist $12,500 settlement after using work on merch without permission | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Kevin Dillon Win GIF

7 Likes

FINALLY a little justice for those who deserve it most.

Edit: I take that back, second or third behind innocents in jail.

6 Likes

Those are some pretty good van-art sweatshirts, so I’m glad Mr Carter has given Mr Jödicke some publicity with his deeply Floridian twitter energy. I note from the Forbes article that the latter is also much cuter and less face-tattooed, which makes it especially bonkers that Aaron Carter would think his fans would have his back on this.

Okay, finally a question answered (superficially): Who the fuck is Aaron Carter?

I think that video is the first and last (until now) time I’ve heard of him.

1 Like

Sadly, it seems to be a far too common occurrence that artists have their work stolen and used by others to make money, who then, when called on their theft say well, they should be pleased at the free promotion! No, asshole, you’re profiting from the theft of the work of real creatives. Stop it and pay what’s owed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.