Abandoned coyote pup gets the care it deserves

I actually subscribe to this guy’s channel and he thinks a lot like you do. His original video was taken down from his channel (hence the clip is on another channel) for this reason and also because he didn’t like some of the subscribers, trolls, bots, and SEO minions that came when the “click bait” video blew up. I disagree though that we should stop sharing human moments or subjects about which we are passionate, with humans. I don’t want to live in a world where isolation and lack of sincere sharing with humanity is the only social constant and all human produced content is controlled by media experts. I mean, at this point I probably already live in that world, but I’m not content to roll over and accept it.

1 Like

Me, I think of social isolation as a valid lifestyle choice.
Or do I?

I have no idea, but I actually don’t. I’d be in a sad place, honestly probably dead by now, if I did. So I feel strongly about it’s value.

2 Likes

OK, now I’m a bit confused.
Do you mean the value of social isolation or the value of it’s inverse?

I didn’t see an article accompanying the vid but I’d seen this story covered before so here’s a follow up: Chicago Tribune
Here’s the relevant (and sad) part:

– “The whole thing is kind of sad. I ended up bringing it to the house I was staying at about 15 miles away and called around for wildlife rescue and the nearest one was about a 2 ½ hour drive south. I wasn’t able to make it there that day so I decided I would bring it there the next morning.

“I have a friend that works at a wildlife rehab, and she told me it was good to keep it in a quiet, calm place, so I kept it in the basement. But before I did that I decided to give it a flea bath, which was probably a stupid idea in retrospect, since I think it might have just been shocked by it. But she was covered in fleas and ticks and mites and also had some nasal discharge. Looking back, she was really sick.

"I don’t know, the whole thing kind of messes me up thinking about it because it was pretty sad … she died that morning when I was due to bring her south to the wildlife rehab that was on my way back to Oakland.”

4 Likes

Also, to the article writer, Seamus Bellamy who closed with this:

If it survives, I’ll be happily surprised. Fingers crossed for a bit of good news on this one.

Seamus, the vid is dated July 5 - over a month ago - so you could’ve tried a simple Google search to see if there was follow up info… and you’d find there is. The first result I got is the Chicago Tribune article I linked to before.

Sorry to be kinda a dick here but I just get frustrated when people who professionally write about/work on the-actual-internet don’t think to do even the quickest research on the very internet they’re using.
I mean, I literally typed in “what happened to the coyote pup” - totally generic wording - and got the follow-up info in the first result (and, yes, sadly, it died by the next morning).

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. Dude did what he could.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.