Abba reforms, announces new songs

I understand they’re going to be “touring” soon as well - or at least CGI holograms will be performing in their stead, presumably with younger versions of the band members. So they can reform and not-reform at the same time.

2 Likes

Nah, Leather Nun!

5 Likes

Mamma mia, here they go again
My my, how can I resist them?
Mamma mia, does it show again?
My my, just how much I’ve missed them.

1 Like

0e3

2 Likes

Hopefully, this means another Erasure cover album of ABBA songs!

The four song EP they did in the 80s isn’t nearly enough of Erasure covering ABBA…

2 Likes

After the first two words of the headline, I expected “renounces disco,” or something similar to follow. Ah, the joy of semantics…

2 Likes

I too expected a story saying that ABBA had said they were sorry and promised never to do it again.

(I kid)

2 Likes

They are being coy about the specifics, but it’s gonna be some sort of animated Peppers Ghost faux hologram puppet show thingie, like the previous ones we’ve seen with Elvis, 2pac or Gorillaz.
So technically they are keeping their vow “never to perform together again” since none of the actual four members will have to do any work outside of the recording booth.
Also, let’s not forget that they’ve done this sort of thing before:

4 Likes

there are two…

1 Like

is that Rik Mayall? and Cher? lol – not sure how i missed that. the puppets were creepy, yet fascinating. i don’t see a point in them holding to some ridiculous promise after all this time. just get over old grudges and do one more hurrah for the hell of it. they’d make a mint, and the fans would have a great time. win/win.

1 Like

i’m just freaked out about naked flames near all that nylon

When the story came on my clock radio this morning I was of course half-asleep, and half-dreamed about a concert featuring cheerful music and abbatoirs.

1 Like

But Journey, on the other hand. . . .

Money, Money Money… Must be funny…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.