Ace Frehley has a massive document of "dirt" on Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley in a safety deposit box

I liked the movie “Detroit Rock City” but that was about it. But I have a soft spot for competently shot vanity project films.

3 Likes

But did you ever see Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park? I vaguely remember watching it when I was a kid. It’s essentially a live action Scooby Doo movie with Kiss substituted for Scooby and friends.

6 Likes

Yup. I was 7 at the time. I was also a big fan of Sid & Marty Krofft shows as a kid. So it kinda hit all the important notes for me at the time.

season 5 GIF

6 Likes

BIG pet peeve of mine!
Me Too Samesies GIF

3 Likes

I love that movie, it’s predictable, with dated juvenile jokes and it’s very much a vanity movie but something about it is endearing to me. Me and my older brother reference it to each other every now and then. That said, Gene Simmons is a POS.

6 Likes

Excited Lets Go GIF

12 Likes

I was too young to be into them when they were popular. Too “scary” and “weird” when I was a kid. I think my first exposure to them was on a 3-2-1 Contact episode on PBS Man I loved that show.

As I got older, their music never really clicked with me.

From the things I have seen him in, that is my take away too.

4 Likes

field_barron

8 Likes

Yeah, nothing short of being members of the house band on Epstein’s island would move the needle at this point.

4 Likes

3-2-1 Contact was the shit! God, we’re old.

7 Likes

This seems to imply that Howard Stern still has a show of some sort. Why? An outdated host with outdated guests perhaps?

10 Likes

He may have waited too long to use “ruin their careers” as a threat.

11 Likes

Nods in agreement

Nodding Yes GIF

8 Likes

What could be more damaging to them then “members of KISS?”

6 Likes

That’s interesting, but I’m really curious about what amazing pearls of insight Dave Mustaine has leveled at Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett this particular week…

SAID NO ONE EVER!!!

Seriously, when the American Communist Uprising™ takes place, we need to establish a Metal Patriarchs’ Fund to squelch the never-ending micro-battles between bands the nobody will ever remember in 15-20 years.

5 Likes

He seems to be semi-retired.

the listener complaints he gets about the 12-18 weeks of vacation he takes each year.

Why? He doesn’t have all of the money.

3 Likes

As a kid I was a fan but as a grown man I suspected the music wasn’t that good and isn’t holding up to time. My return listening has me convinced that Ace was the talent. Listen to his solo album compared to the others and you’ll understand what I mean.

1 Like

I remember watching most of it. Vague recollections, like you say. FWIW it would have aired within the same few weeks as the Star Wars Holiday Special.

I also remember watching Paul Lynde’s Halloween Special with Margaret Hamilton – but I had no memory at all (until decades later, seeing it on Youtube) of Kiss being in it:

Me too! I remember watching that as a kid all like holy crap that’s so rad!

Anyway, I always found Kiss to be serviceable enough rock music. They did a few good songs, and a few great ones but I don’t think that I held them in any sort of reverence or anything. They were always just fine.

Gene Simmons has repeatedly shown himself to be a pretty awful person so I’m really not sure what shocking revelations Frehley can really reveal at this point.

I mean it is kind of a dick move to shut out any possibility of a reunion of the original four members to close the final tour, but :man_shrugging: .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.