Dee Snider and Ted Nugent back Paul Stanley's claim that gender-affirming care is a "sad and dangerous fad"

Originally published at: Dee Snider and Ted Nugent back Paul Stanley's claim that gender-affirming care is a "sad and dangerous fad" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Oh look, three old assholes jumping on the Transphobia Bandwagon.

33 Likes

Oh look another set of “LGBTQ” allies that don’t really support anyone that inhabits the T in that acronym.

24 Likes

Go Away GIF

Those three men are fuck all do with anything trans- or queer-positive. Feel free to spread your bullshit somewhere else.

26 Likes

Fuck you Dee. I thought you were one of the decent ones.

11 Likes

Feminism
Appropriating
Reactionary
Transphobes

13 Likes

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

20 Likes

Edit: To be clear, my comment below is about declaring them to have had fuck-all to do with being queer-positive.

Oh please, let’s not be revisionist. Twisted Sisters were playing in gay bars for many their early years, they’ve taken part in plenty of LGBT pride events, and they’ve been vocal supporters of drag shows in response to the recent politics about them.

Yes, their attitudes towards trans children aren’t in line with the current left tenets, but I wish the left didn’t have to be so purist that either you’re with us on every single detail or you’re a damn nazi. Ten years ago plenty of people in the LGBT community were still having nuanced discussions about gender affirming care for children.

No, I don’t agree with his views on gender affirming care, but is there no room anymore to say “these people are allies on this, even though I disagree with them on that?” or do we just have to declare them to be equivalent to a MAGA fundamentalist if they say anything out of line?

7 Likes

Go read the Transphobia thread end to end, then we’ll take about “tenets.”

Stop with your bullshit, trans people are under legal and physical threat and your bothsides bullshit doesn’t help anyone but the fascists.

20 Likes

You can take “Uncle Ted” and throw his ass in a turd chasm. It seems to me as if Paul and Dee are trying to do the right things and say the right things, but they are still learning. I think it is unreasonable to take someone who wants to be an ally and crucify them because they don’t yet have all the information. I think Paul’s follow up response shows that he understood his first statement was not what he thought it was. Taking the time to educate potential allies is far more productive than reactionary dismissal. It can be very difficult to change your opinion as you get older, and the fact that these 2 are trying to learn shows that we need to cut some slack and provide helpful feedback, not flat dismissal.

2 Likes

Making money off the LGBQT+ community is NOT the same as being “trans pioneers”… FFS, @Tamsin_Bailey an obviously transphobic comment…

They’re not in line with the FACTS of trans rights, actually. But hey… demanding that children are not forced to be someone who they are not to the point of possible suicide is just “an opinion”, right?

There is a movement to literally eliminate trans people, and it’s on those of us who are not trans to stand firm and support our friends. There should be no quibbling with basic human rights, and they are dismissing basic human rights here.

22 Likes

How does playing gay bars make them transgender? Or even pioneers in any way.

Our community never considered them as either.

25 Likes

Then they should apologize and shut up and learn rather than continuing to support the trans eliminationist position. There is no “both sides” to basic human rights.

21 Likes
14 Likes

I’m not both-sidesing views on trans rights, I’m saying we shouldn’t retroactively declare that they’ve had “fuck all do with anything queer-positive.” That’s simply not true. Maybe my post should have been clearer?

3 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

15 Likes

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

19 Likes

Or you’re talking out your ass instead of supporting the people under threat.

15 Likes

Indulging in opportunism and capitalism does NOT equate to being allies or ‘gender bending pioneers.’

19 Likes

Yeah. You are.

They are not being allies on this. Full stop.

15 Likes