I can only afford the value menu

8 Likes

Ma’am, this is a Wendy’s.

13 Likes

Added RWNJ - Right Wing Nut Job

10 Likes

Added NFT and GQP

5 Likes

@bluehenbear , @NukeML - Just came across this. I’m feeling uncomfortable that the list is promoting the term.

I’m very much opposed to any form of trivialising of the concentration camps. While Kapo has been and is re-used as a strong insult, I feel we owe it to each and every person who suffered in the camps to consider possible ramifications of the terms usage every single time we are tempted to use it. I also feel that including it in the list above encourages the use of the word, maybe bypassing said considerations.

Would you guys consider a removal?

2 Likes

This topic is a wiki and can be edited by everyone, including yourself. Terms here have been edited in the past.

That being said, the term is used on the BB, and the intent of the topic is to act as a glossary of used terms. In some cases there are links to discussions of such terms which have themselves become quite testy at times.

Perhaps establishing a discussion topic for the term can be started, which can be linked to here?

ETA: Discussion link

9 Likes

My intention was not to promote the term but to understand its usage on this site. As @NukeML indicates, its inclusion in the wiki hopefully serves that purpose for other readers.

But your concern that increased usage of the term may trivialize its original associations is noted.

7 Likes

A link to the Wikipedia article is provided for historical context. It’s an apt term for that which is described, although I’m sure we’re all open to hearing alternative terms for these scumbags.

3 Likes

Added FAAFO

11 Likes

I saw CU go by a few days ago (I think in the context of a person being a “cu”) and meant to ask what that is (because a web search on “cu” wasn’t too useful).

5 Likes

Maybe it was an English police officer?

(Copper)

10 Likes

If it is in the post I am thinking of I believe the poster was alluding to another word and leaving out the two last letters

6 Likes

Makes sense.

4 Likes

Don’t even try using that word here, regardless of how good of a fit you feel it may be.

ETA:

9 Likes

Oh I can read the room.

2 Likes

It was in reference to Elon Musk so completing the sentence was left as an exercise in extrapolation for the reader.

7 Likes

Credit Union.

8 Likes

That was one of them, also the place of higher learning in Boulder…

6 Likes

Added TFG a while ago, forgot to post a note that I had done so

5 Likes

Added h/t for hat-tip. And h/t to @gracchus for that

6 Likes