Acronyms and Glossary (wiki)

As in, RTFA?

5 Likes

Precisely. But I feel like I see “TFA” on its own more often, even though it’s obviously referencing “RTFA” as an abbreviation and as an idea.

That said, RTFA could probably be up there too.

2 Likes

Added RTFA. There’s room for all the acronyms!

3 Likes

Added DARVO. Wait, no I didn’t, how dare you say that! It was YOU who added it!

5 Likes

00__X-All-The-Y__FGD135__RAW_phixr

13 Likes

Read The Fine Article.

7 Likes

I have added “FAF,” a newly coined phrase that I hope will catch on.

2 Likes

Added “anonymization” and “Christ, what an asshole.”

6 Likes

Added FPP (as opposed to a post started by a commenter back here).

BTW, I’m too lazy to look – is this Gossary linked in the BB Guidelines/TOS? Certainly should be.

7 Likes

Not linked, to my knowledge.

Added Backpfeifengesicht

6 Likes

I always preferred the definition “A face which would be improved by having a fist in it”.

2 Likes

Added Female(s). Please edit as necessary.

5 Likes

I have added TPO.

2 Likes

Added TOT.

3 Likes

Tots and Pears?

7 Likes

that too

3 Likes

Does this thread accept requests?

If so, then entry for “kapo” requested

3 Likes

@gracchus

4 Likes

Done. Added Kapo. Others can feel free to edit.

7 Likes

I’m new to this topic, but I’ll give it a try. Please let me know if this works for you, @bluehenbear.

Kapo – Originally a term for a Nazi concentration camp prisoner (often a hardened criminal) given policing or other supervisory powers over his fellow prisoners (along with attendant privileges). They usually either ended up as dead as or, if they lived, despised by their fellows whom they betrayed. Wikipedia

Now a pejorative term for a member of an oppressed or discriminated-against group who foolishly and/or opportunistically collaborates with the oppressor of his fellow group members.

Contemporary examples: Glen Greenwald, a gay man who defends anti-LGBTQ+ bigot Putin; Ben Shapiro, a Jewish man who continually sides with and supports the agenda of right-wing anti-Semites.

9 Likes