Actual textbook physics problem

I swear, japhroaig, you must somehow share at least 90% of the DNA of a former (and still painfully funny) roommate of mine. Uncanny.

I think you’re ready for this:

Yep. Definitely ready.

3 Likes

“Hold the Grunion”!?!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I have to up my game, apparently I need to mussel my way out of this thread.

1 Like

First we assume a perfectly spherical physics student…

4 Likes

First we stipulate that you can hear the whine of the engine over the whine of the pol sci majors.

Fish puns. Just for the halibut.

2 Likes

…on an infinite frictionless plane in vacuum, perfectly transparent to the knowledge and problems isotropically radiated by his professor.

1 Like

@japhroaig @j9c

1 Like

It took Professor Seldon quite some time and not too little prodding by a certain positronic friend of ours to make it a science.

1 Like

Is your requirement calc-based? I’m always slightly puzzled by the quantity of comp-sci majors in my calc-based physics course. Apparently it’s required at my university. Not my major, but I figure it’s overkill since comp-sci people have to take up to calc IV anyway. Also be glad you’re not using the SmartPhysics textbooks and online problems. It’s a very back-to-basics non-traditional approach which can be extremely annoying when the textbooks has errors in the formulae.

No, our CS Major only requires a single level of Calculus, plus a Physics or Chemistry class. That said, we have a rather high number of people dual-majoring in Math and CS. I’ll freely admit that I was a bit intimidated going into the class, but I find I’m rather enjoying it. I actually find the math a bit easier than the calc requirement. Hmm, I probably just doomed myself, didn’t I?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.