Adam Ruins Big Tech: how monopolies, DRM, EULAs, and predatory tactics have delivered our dystopian future

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/12/yee-haw.html

3 Likes

Oh how I know this with Apple.

1 Like

how monopolies, DRM, EULAs, and predatory tactics have delivered our dystopian future

Yes, indeed.

Also, how incompetent, neo-liberal, self-serving, ‘bought and paid for’ by big business, politicians decided that regulations - governing how capitalism ought to work to serve the societies that enable them - were wholly unnecessary, and thereby delivered our dystopian future.

4 Likes

Episode? You could base a whole miniseries on the ills of big tech!

5 Likes

Honestly a Ken Burns documentary series would not be too long in this case.

8 Likes

Adam Ruins Everything, including Adam Ruins Everything.

I really think I’d like this show if it didn’t have this guy in it.

1 Like

It’s not just the laws they took away, it’s the laws the enact. DRM is next to useless without the laws making it illegal to break it. Big Pharma would have had a much harder time murdering people with opiates if those people could buy cannabis. The whole “less regulation is better” this is a straight up lie. It’s less regulation that costs big business money, more regulation that stifles their competitors.

2 Likes

I can see how he could annoy people but I think his personality is a good fit for the show. Or maybe I just relate to him because I myself have offered unsolicited “well, actually…” replies at times that weren’t welcomed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.