Adobe DMCA's third-party project that provides security improvement to Flash

Originally published at: Adobe DMCA's third-party project that provides security improvement to Flash | Boing Boing

1 Like

Come on, Adobe, you’re supposed to be the cool creative software. Leave being assholes to Quark Xpress.

2 Likes

Act II: DMCA takedown notice to any application that can produce PDF files.

2 Likes

Would not be surprised in the least. Would be interesting to watch them and Microsoft go head to head on that topic, since Microsoft products can produce PDF’s.

1 Like

Stop giving them ideas!

(TBH, though, postscript is old enough and has enough flavors of it out that going after companies that are able to output PDFs that are Not Adobe is going to be a lost cause. I mean, Adobe could have gone after alladin enterprises (now artifix) years ago for Ghostscript.)

1 Like

Where have you been the last 20 years?

God I hate that company (and I have to work with their products, only administratively thank gog)

3 Likes

Maybe I’m must used to the abuse? And I don’t have to pay for my access to the Adobe Suite.

2 Likes

Stockholm syndrome… maybe?

When they started to crack down on people using older versions who wouldn’t upgrade, they lost that tiny little sheen of respectability they had left…

3 Likes

Who would want to keep Flash alive? Maybe someone like this?

1 Like

I remember being thrilled when InDesign knocked Quark off its pedestal. Now I can’t wait for someone to do the same to Adobe. Can we just kill the entire SaaS model please?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.