Adorkable dogs bungle a graceful jump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/21/adorkable-dogs-bungle-a-gracef.html

4 Likes

Lead doggo only missed it by a couple of inches.

Yellow doggo launched a good ten feet too soon.

10 Likes

No doggo were injured…

Doggo is the plural of doggo is it not?

6 Likes

Yes, it’s a mass noun, but only if you grind them up.

6 Likes

Is it… running on its back legs? Like, “if I just stay on my hind legs, I’ll get over this fence!”?

Well, is it Greek or Latin derivation? Pig Latin? Dogga? Just English? Doggoes? That one defo can’t be right because it’s too standard English. So doggos? I really want it to be doggae, but I just can’t make that happen. But then “dog” comes from Old English “docga” and the plural would be “docgan”… so what’s the internet-speak version of that? Doggon?

5 Likes

That face you make when…
Capture

5 Likes

One doggo. Many Doge.

14 Likes

Repeating patterns play havoc with depth perception. Doggo #2 probably saw the fence as being only inches from his face.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if that’s one of those low wattage electrical fences, they tend to be flimsy like that, and give you jolt similar to static on a shag rug.

That time back in high school when I decided to jump over the tennis net… and my foot got caught… and I landed squarely on my hands and knees.

4 Likes

I meant to do that.

1 Like

s. Doggo
pl. doggos, doggoes

s. doge
pl. doge, dogen

1 Like

I suspect lead doggo’s problem was laziness, my own former doggo would put in minimum effort to jump over things (and that was after trying every possible method of not having to jump over things including trying to squeeze under gaps he could barely get his nose into) which often resulted in not quite enough effort being put in and the clipping of the thing we see here. This was from a dog that could clear my height from a standing jump but just scraped over things a little higher than my waist whilst running.

2 Likes

I just love the quiet ‘damn it’ at the end.

5 Likes

Oh man the second one missed it by a mile!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.