Aeromexico trolls the MAGAs

That’s a fair question. Something tells me that Mitt Romney and all those other people descended from Mormons who fled to Mexico for a couple generations wouldn’t qualify. I guess they must be testing for Mesoamerican ancestry?

3 Likes

Oh God I want to fly to Mexico now just to support this company’s ad man’s salary

This is what targeted marketing genius looks like.

I love the reaction of that balding guy, going from “bullshit!” to “what if I want to take my wife?”

Suddenly Mexico doesn’t suck when they can profit…
I haven’t seen anything this funny in a long time from a marketing department

6 Likes

I was honestly surprised by the degree that even progressive people voiced concern when they found out my family was going on vacation to Mexico last summer. It’s not like we were going somewhere really dangerous, like Washington D.C.

12 Likes

I didn’t know that Boeing specifically loves trump.

I was under the impression that boeing loves its best paying customer the US government.

Lots of airforce planes and helicopters and satellites and such.

11 Likes

Who’s we?

I’m pretty sure it’s never been difficult to spot a texan dude who’ll claim to hate mexico. Even a hundred years ago.

'Member thuh Alumow!

4 Likes

Corporate “wokeness” is entirely performative and profit-driven.

8 Likes

Or the whole thing might be, ahem, entirely fabricated.

1 Like

Whether the results are real or not, this ad is brilliant.

Also, people who don’t like Mexico or the people from there seriously need to stop consuming tacos, burritos, Dos Equis, Corona, all tequilas and anything else that comes from Mexico.

People can be as bigoted as they want, but may their food and drink always be bland, dry and tasteless.

22 Likes

Take a wild guess who took a stab at building a Southern border wall.

10 Boing Boing dollars they are in the mix right now. It’s in their DNA.

4 Likes

I’ll take your word for it.

Does that mean you get a free ticket?

I’ll take it.

New Belgium has been woke for decades now. Sure it plays to their customers and takes care of people and planet, but why not both?

3 Likes

The virtual fence concept has been pushed by boeing onto the government since at least the bush II admin, and I’d be surprised it didn’t go back much further than that.

Like I said, Boeing loves selling massively expensive equipment to a reliable buyer.

4 Likes

Syndicalist workplaces and co-ops are rather different than the corporate norm.

6 Likes

It’s funny, I am almost certain I would not get a 100% discount even though I am completely Mexican. (It says so on my passport)

My understanding is that it doesn’t list nationality, instead it shows geographic regions, it would show the Iberian peninsula instead of Spain which is a better way of understanding genetic diversity instead of by nationality.

5 Likes

Yes, 100%. And that is why New Belgium breaks the use of “entirely” in your previous comment.

But to back to your point and Aeromexico, I can’t tell if this version of woke makes a real world difference anywhere. Maybe one of the #nevermexico will actually go to Mexico and enjoy their time??

1 Like

Isn’t that the one who turned out to be 17% lizard and 31% Nubian Goat? Some times I get these things mixed up.

4 Likes

I live on the Us/Mex border, nobody gives a fuck about tRump criminal organization, really.

A year ago my in-laws wanted DNA tests. They, sadly, Trump hard.

I downloaded and edited a copy of the result website to make sure there was 12% African, 5% Ivory Coast and 3% Indigenous Central American in my version of the results we showed them.

Their stunned disbelief and argument made my Christmas that year. I sadly had to show them the real results after they called and “panicked” relatives. And also heard me dying laughing in the kitchen.

15 Likes

And also air.

3 Likes