Aeromexico trolls the MAGAs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/17/aeromexico-trolls-the-magas.html

13 Likes

/me slowly claps, then stands

32 Likes

There is only one race… the Human Race.

16 Likes

For the first time I approve and applauded these dna tests.

21 Likes

Wasn’t there a white supremacist who did a DNA test to prove that he was pure white and found that he wasn’t?

23 Likes

More than one.

19 Likes

I love it when proponents of ethnostates get trolled like this. No-one is 100% racially “pure”.

This clown is the most well known:

31 Likes

I don’t think I’d trust Aeromexico to handle those sorts of granular discounts.

My going-to-Mexico story involves Aeromexico; and specifically going-to-Mexico taking several days because when your airline uses a booking/cancellation rate estimate that’s accurate for weekday business travel to decide how much to overbook holiday flights; the math doesn’t work out as expected. Then the problem cascades because each overbooked flight you bump some people off before running mysteriously doesn’t reduce the backlog of people who are awaiting room on the next flight.

It’s cutting edge logistics stuff. If you want to actually get to Mexico maybe pick someone else if possible.

5 Likes

I’m 100% Mexican, baby. Give me that discount.

Oh, crap. I already… live here.

68 Likes

I’m curious what they regard as Mexican DNA. Would there be a false positive of someone with European Spanish DNA since that’s a source shared with a lot of Mexicans?

I wish they did this for other airlines. I’d love to fly my pasty ass to the UK for like five dollars round trip.

7 Likes

Being of solid northern-European-mutt stock, myself, I’d be looking at bitty discounts on many, many airlines. o_O

7 Likes

I remember that the thing got to a point where fascists had a thread on a forum that offered support in case of not being white enough. Hilarity ensued.

18 Likes

More:

“Borders. On land they can maintain distances. But in the sky … we show you it’s different”

Yet they buy aircraft from trump loving Boeing. Go figure.

8 Likes

LOL Brilliant. With my dad’s side from Texas, one would think I’d have a shot at this, but alas I think they were largely insulated in immigrant communities.

Now - if some Czech airline wants to do the same thing, I can get me a 50%ish off ticket.

5 Likes

Hmm, I’d take a 25% discount on a flight to Ireland right now. Or 12.5% off a flight to Scotland, or 12.5% off Hungary.

How far back does this DNA testing go? I know the Huns came west from the Gobi around 400AD and did some raiding and conquering. For that matter, how many people could get a discount flight to Mongolia with something like this?

5 Likes

Flights to Africa should be free for all of us.

15 Likes

This is so sad. Only a few years ago we loved Mexico. Sure, it was Taco Bell, but at least we felt friendly.

3 Likes

The correct term is “MAGAtes” or “MAGAts” isn’t it?

2 Likes

Tell that to the wipepo in the ad.

5 Likes

“You are whatever % whatever and… 100% asshole!!!”

3 Likes