Maskless influencers who partied on a plane to Mexico are now stuck, as airlines won't fly them home

Originally published at: Maskless influencers who partied on a plane to Mexico are now stuck, as airlines won't fly them home | Boing Boing

11 Likes

They fucked around. Then they found out.

50 Likes

Influencers, huh? Let’s hope the predicament influences followers to NOT follow suit.

25 Likes

A true test if you are indeed an “Influencer”.
You are stuck in Mexico, can you get home?

26 Likes

This is why parents concerned about their children’s shenanigans rarely say “that kid is a good influence.”

24 Likes

On the bright side, it’s not like they have jobs or important appointments to get back to.

34 Likes

Some can get through life being stupid. Some can get through life being arseholes. “Influencers”, being both, are in for a rougher time.

19 Likes

ten3or

12 Likes

Ah, to believe that you are young and invulnerable. I miss that, but not much.

4 Likes

That is going to be one expensive Uber.

19 Likes

Flight of the Damned Influencers.

It sounds like the “organizer” is unused to dealing with consequences.

17 Likes

It could be worse. They could have gone to Cozumel. (Which is a very nice place, but hard to drive home from.)

10 Likes

The passengers — who Trudeau described as “a gang de sans-desseins” (purposeless or clueless people)

Yoinking that phrase.

24 Likes

Sassy Taylor Swift GIF by One Chicago

9 Likes

Do influencers have thumbs? When I was a younger man I had a good friend that hitchhiked from Washington DC to Alaska and back. Mexico to Canada sounds doable for someone with a lot of influence. And you probably won’t need to wear a mask.

4 Likes

I would say “good”, except now they’re just Mexico’s problem instead of Canada’s problem.

24 Likes

They do, but they’re worn out from tapping and swiping their phone screens for 16+ hours out of every day.

13 Likes

Sounds like the person who put this little party together doesn’t know what he’s doing.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/airline-passengers-partying-canada-sunwing/index.html

According to Awad’s statement, the sticking point in his negotiations with the airline about the return flight was in-flight meal service.

He said he agreed to no alcohol service on board, passengers boarding “in a sober condition” and a number of other terms.

“We couldn’t conclude an agreement because Sunwing refused to provide meals to the group for a five-hour flight,” Awad’s statement reads.

No food for 5 hours? Whaa! Cry me a f*cking river.

24 Likes

I’ll bet I can guess which political ideology he subscribes to. I’d bet on his favourite book, too, but he doesn’t strike me as much of a reader.

Not to worry, though. If he can’t head up Fyre Festival 2.0 he has a bright future over at Cryptoland.

12 Likes

My guess is that the airline worried that the passengers who took their masks off to eat would “forget” to put them back on.

15 Likes