Everyone on this plane missed their flight because a defiant woman refused to wear a mask

Originally published at: Everyone on this plane missed their flight because a defiant woman refused to wear a mask | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Does she think that wearing a mask for a public health emergency is thanks to Islam? Happy upcoming Ramadan, everyone I guess?

39 Likes

Ah, another graduate.

55 Likes

Why are these people still tolerated at this point? Shouldn’t the process of hustling them off the plane and banning them for life be so quick and efficient by now that it hardly causes a delay, much less canceling a flight? Aren’t they, you know, running a business?

70 Likes

She forgot her MAGA hat.

13 Likes

It’s the smirk. The performative shittiness at other people’s expense, which she then twists until she is the victim.

Because Perpetual Victimhood™ is the brand, now.

45 Likes

I’ve long had a theory that there is a certain kind of person who draws strength and encouragement from making others lives difficult. Like the only kind of parental connection that they ever felt was when they were punished.

It’s not a bit different than driving slowly for miles in the passing lane and getting off on the rage engendered in people trying to get past.

It’s cutting off your nose to spite your face and telling yourself that no one can push you around.

It’s pestilential behavior, and 2016 to 2020 kicked it up a notch.

38 Likes

I’m curious as to why she was not arrested

37 Likes

I’m curious that a flight operator would stomach the expense of a cancelled full flight, without pushing any charges on the person responsible.

30 Likes

24 Likes

They’re definitely out there. I’ve heard them called “energy leeches” or “energy vampires”. [ETA: @andrewlwood nailed the pop culture portrayal.]

There’s a connection between this and right-wing politics as well.

23 Likes

It’s the emotional vampire from “What we do in the shadows”

27 Likes

young hercules falling GIF by HULU

6 Likes

I love What We Do In The Shadows. My wife and I have identified a couple energy vampires in our circle of acquaintances and avoid them whenever possible.

10 Likes

I have to fly a lot at the moment. If someone this stupid caused me to miss seeing my family, I would be … upset. I hope they charge her for the whole damn plane.

12 Likes

If I were one of the passengers, I’d look at starting a class action lawsuit against this woman. Her behavior led to significant personal damage.

Not sure why the airline didn’t press charges. The police, not surprised at all, though maybe the federal Air Marshals can arrest her on follow-up for not obeying a flight crew’s orders?

26 Likes

And the unveiled quote. Had to look that up. Some bullshit from corinthians. I go to church, therefore I’m better and has privilege. How on earth is this tolerated?

17 Likes

The airline mask policy ends April 18th. I wonder what sort of “defending my freedom” nonsense the Trumpanzees will pull after that.

11 Likes

They can still fine her, right?

12 Likes

Just went to check out the Strict father model article and saw this:

For example, conservatives think that adults should refrain from looking to the government for assistance lest they become dependent.

And was like

Why Women Kill Wwk GIF by Paramount+

So in this analogy, when the defenseless baby grows into a hulking psychopathic self-sufficient being (aka, an oil company, huge corporate monoculture farm, etc.) it’s then perfectly acceptable to go looking to the government for help?

But back to the video. What a jerk this lady is. I bet she purposely got that seat way at the back to cause maximum disruption.

16 Likes