Everyone on this plane missed their flight because a defiant woman refused to wear a mask

Until the statute of limitations runs out….

4 Likes

“it’s with unveiled faces that we proclaim his name”???
jesus fucking christ.
(i just said that with my own goddamn unveiled face.)

11 Likes

In accordance with the BBS style guide, shouldn’t the headline read “gentlewoman” instead of “defiant woman”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

23 Likes

Would that be Two Corinthians?

15 Likes

They don’t seem to care if rules change, they just want performative outrage for as long as they get attention from it:

19 Likes

Pepper. Spray. Her.

What she’s doing is an assault on everyone. It’s self-defense. Just wash the shithead’s eyes out with capsaicin.

6 Likes

Dear fellow white people: please don’t compare yourself to Rosa Parks. Like, ever. But especially when you’re just getting called out for being an asshole.

As I recall Rosa Parks was arrested for demanding that she be afforded the same rights as all the other passengers, not the right to disobey rules that applied equally to all passengers (along with the flight crew, for that matter).

You do realize they are in a confined space where everyone is breathing the same recycled air, right?

37 Likes

Yes. And that’s where the corinthian and republican problem coincide. They’re plural or worse.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

A true ally wouldn’t dream of it. However, we’re talking about people who have been trained to do things like this. We’ve seen them since the beginning of the pandemic with scripts in department stores and supermarkets, with assistants to take and post the video. Making outrageous statements is part of the playbook. They don’t care if it’s racist, or offensive in any other way. The whole point is to get a rise out of people, and even facing consequences just gets publicized further by their puppet masters.

They want to play the victim, plain and simple. When this person’s identity is revealed, if it affects their job, they’ll complain. Their costs will be covered by donations. We’ve seen how long folks like this milk the attention of the public for as long as possible. So, we should keep up the consequences, in hopes that it deters the next one from taking the same action. Members of this group have proven to be remarkably stubborn, though, so I’m not expecting incidents like this to stop any time soon - unless the penalties are increased. Right now, airlines won’t even agree on a no-fly list change. :woman_shrugging:t4:

24 Likes

Of course, but…

Edit to previous for clarity: Last one out of the plane — Pepper. Spray. Her.

4 Likes

Jesus - just get security to take her off the plane and put her on the no-fly list.

12 Likes

Well, of course they couldn’t arrest her! It’s not like she was a black person selling cigarettes or a librarian stocking LGBT books or the parents of a trans teenager!

23 Likes

It is with unveiled faces we proclaim his name.

Who? Herb Kelleher? He’s dead. Lived to be 87, he did. Even with all the Wild Turkey 101 (which they still serve on SW) and smokes.

1 Like

Many years ago, I was working in a university computer lab when some “genius” decided it would be funny to spritz a little pepper spray into the air. We had to clear the whole lab as most of the people in it started coughing and having trouble breathing. It took over an hour for the ventilation system to clear the air enough so that we could go back in. So that was fun.

11 Likes

"It is with unveiled faces we proclaim his name. "

I wonder if she means God, Jesus or Trump?
And does she even know the difference anymore?

7 Likes

I ended up having to spend the night in the Houston airport due to a missed connection because of this nut-case who started yelling when someone touched his overhead bag: video of it on my tumbrl: walkswithdave — This guy was sitting next to us before boarding...

I heard he had taken someone else’s bag out of the bin and put his in, then yelled when his was taken back out. He delayed the flight just long enough for us to get the tornado warnings that delayed the flight for much longer. He might have saved us from flying into a storm and dying, but most likely, he’s just a jackass who caused a lot of inconvenience.

He was wearing a mask, though, through his yells.

11 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

What wasn’t just she removed from the flight versus everybody on the whole damn plane?

Is there some sort of FAA regulation or other requirement at play that made the nuclear option necessary?

13 Likes

Right?
I could see if they needed to bump her to make room for off-duty flight crew and created a bio-hazard by bashing her face into a bloody pulp while violently removing her, but this makes no sense.
(Huge /s, and I know it’s the wrong airline, but they’re really all wrong nowadays)

9 Likes

What’s so crazy to me is how EASY it is to wear a mask that doesn’t do shit and still meet compliance. You can get one anywhere and you can fit it loosely so you can still breathe that cool, unfiltered air and no one will hassle you. Throw a stretched-out surgical mask on and get over it. Honestly, at this point, because the new variants are so transmissible and so few people are wearing a good N95 or better properly, it really does seem to be mostly theater.

But I suppose that misses the point about the freedoms.

7 Likes

If she’d been black she’d have been tazed, hogtied, and tossed, bodily, off the plane.

2 Likes