Karen on plane who refused to wear mask properly has a fit when cops come to kick her off the flight

Originally published at: Karen on plane who refused to wear mask properly has a fit when cops come to kick her off the flight | Boing Boing

7 Likes

It’s pretty amazing when you see folks like this. I have to imagine that this is the first time that they’ve really ever had to face any consequences of any significance.

“But what do you mean I have to face the consequences of my decisions and actions?”…

52 Likes

Of all the belligerence we’ve seen over the past few years, the dick nose thing totally mystifies me. I mean, I get that some people seem to either genuinely not notice or some circumstance pulls their mask down (beards, for instance), but being willing to have a mask on and then being weird about actually using it correctly boggles my mind. What are you accomplishing, exactly?

51 Likes

Not much longer…

15 Likes

“I didn’t understand…”

Well, hopefully you will now.

It especially sucks for the kids to be subject to a parent’s fuck up like this. It’s bad enough just being around Karens in public, much less dealing with them as a customer service rep/et al., but the kids can’t just walk away when parents pull these stunts.

21 Likes

Well, well, well, if it isn’t the consequences of my own actions…

18 Likes

She was the only person in her family who was required to leave the plane. If she had complied immediately, she could have caught up with them quickly enough by taking a different flight. But no: she makes her entire family miss vacation.

And yet she will complain to her dying day that the airline ruined her children’s vacation.

42 Likes

If she’s wearing a full face shield, why wouldn’t she put the mask over her nose? /shrug

Those poor kids, though. :frowning:

13 Likes

Well, the face shield protects the wearer, while the mask mostly protects others. So I guess we know where her priorities lie.

15 Likes

“Can I talk to the captain?”

"NO!"

9 Likes

I get that. I mean, it’s just bizarre that she’s good w/ a full shield, but not the nose. Doesn’t track per your typical episodes like this. /shrug

5 Likes

stupid black and white GIF

21 Likes

Oh, that’s so she doesn’t get people’s drinks thrown in her face.

18 Likes

Just in time for the next wave of covid!

14 Likes

Yes, the airlines truly found the solution to the people throwing tantrums on flights. Give in to them! Works for parents in the grocery store, right?..

6 Likes

An old one, but still relevant:

One can’t help wondering how many of these dicknoses have seen medical professionals dicknosing in films and on tv? None.

How many actual medical professionals have they seen dicknosing IRL, in clinics and hospitals? None. WTAF?!

27 Likes

What was she thinking? That she would be the one that would finally get the airline to waive the mask requirement?

Of all the stupid hills to die on.

13 Likes

It’s essentially the mask-wearer’s version of “let’s go Brandon”. They want to be feel like they’re rebelling, but they’re not actually willing to take the full-up consequences of refusing to put a mask on.

16 Likes

of all the beaches to die on…

(my dad survived several of the bad ones in WWII)

5 Likes

I have a strong suspicion that dicknosers are the sort of people who never vote. Not the ones who refuse to vote on misguided principle, but the ones who just can’t be bothered and never think about it, or about politics or social issues in general. The folks you get stuck behind on the sidewalk or in a store aisle because they’re slowly, aimlessly ambling down the exact center, oblivious to their surroundings. They’re inconsiderate not because they’re actively malevolent but simply because they’re dimwitted and lazy and have never thought about how a mask functions. The sort of people who wear a mask because people tell them to, rather than because they want to protect themselves or others, then get confused when they’re scolded for wearing it the wrong way because that level of detail is more than they can process.

13 Likes