Watch anti-masker woman argue with police before being arrested and kicked off Delta flight

Originally published at: Watch anti-masker woman argue with police before being arrested and kicked off Delta flight | Boing Boing

5 Likes

35 Likes

10 Likes

Selfish petulant behavior. Spitting on others is now a human right?

20 Likes

I know exactly what the person sitting next to her must have been thinking as police marched her off:

“Yeah! Empty seat next to me!”

25 Likes

Police had to come and arrest her? What happened to all the air marshals?

One more example of the infantalization of America, at least in part brought about by the Trump Era. People now seem to think that “Freedom!” means that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, with no restrictions on anything, and if that is questioned in any way, they simply throw a temper tantrum, exactly like a toddler.

40 Likes

“Hi, are you interested in buying a ticket to go a thousand miles away? We’ll be travelling at 550mph, at about 40,000 feet up, and the plane is hermetically sealed, as you can’t breathe at that altitude. In order to provide you with fresh air, we’ll use some air that comes into the fuselage, compress, cool and filter it so you don’t really notice it.”

“Sure!”

“We just ask that you wear a mask”

“No, because I don’t think you understand science and technology…”

46 Likes

They have to stay undercover, for the maskholes who wait to unmask after the plane has taken off.

4 Likes

How the hell did she make it onto the plane? If someone spat on me in the airport 1 or both of us would be going to jail for assault.

17 Likes

As I understand it, the Air Marshals are present for in-flight issues while local police have jurisdiction while at the airport. Air Marshals are also incognito, so it would likely cause a massive delay to expose one and then have to have a new officer assigned, potentially risking overall security by essentially outing them.

Edited for typo. Thanks @micah (Micah is my middle name!).

16 Likes

Too bad they didn’t film the applause which I am sure broke out as she was marched off, maybe finally realising that she is not representing a silent majority

10 Likes

Trump exemplified the “virtue” of unrepentant selfishness. Adults with the emotional development of a child—who apparently make up more of the population than I ever thought—saw it as permission to act like the spoiled brats they always wanted to act like, but were afraid to because it wasn’t socially acceptable. Trump made it socially acceptable, in their eyes: if the president can act like a petulant toddler, then so can I!

27 Likes

That’ll shut 'er up!

I’m always impressed by the temperature outside the plane. -50C is common. I’ve seen -70C while on flights over the Arctic. That’s 8 degrees higher than dry ice!

6 Likes

Have even our criminal scum embraced cringeworthy ‘wellness’ concepts now? It was bad enough when it was just Gwyneth Paltrow and HR departments looking to cut health insurance costs…

11 Likes

The ambient air is of course cooler, but it quickly gets a touch warm once it hits the jet engines, so they then have to cool it before it’s breathable. There’s other steps in flying a plane I also likely left out.

5 Likes

Well compressing it will heat it up. Perhaps it needs cooling afterwards.

Local police are responsible at every US Airport. In the sky - Air Marshals- if there are any on the flight. Which there usually isn’t.

On the ground, you’re still in that City’s jurisdiction.

8 Likes

nothing funnier (or sadder) than an idiot throwing out a word salad to try and convince others that they are not in the wrong. i am sure this one has seen similar videos. does that approach ever work? what a fool.

4 Likes

If this were a date, I’d wager his chances about 50/50.