Maskless influencers who partied on a plane to Mexico are now stuck, as airlines won't fly them home

Is @ultimatebigguy really a Twitter user you want to highlight on BoingBoing?

1 Like

18 Likes

Wonder if they could charter a bus to get at least back into the US… have bus companies blacklisted them as well? Although if the bozos don’t at least have their first set of vaccinations, that might be a hard pass.

10 Likes

I’d like to know what the terms they refused were that were so onerous (“wear a mask”) that they would rather be stranded than agree to? How did they think that would turn out???

3 Likes

Personally, I’d just rather see them walk back, taking the route so many Guatemalans, Ecuadorans, etc. have to take.

From the info that’s coming to light about the organizer, he seems to be a real asshat.

20 Likes

If they only want to get as far as the US it might be quicker (and more thematic) to hire a boat to Miami. The governor of Florida might even throw them a party.

14 Likes

Allez vous faire foutre, idiots !

7 Likes

They would have difficulty getting across the Mexico-US border, which still requires a negative COVID test.

7 Likes

Austin Lounge Lizards — “Life is Hardest When You’re Dumb”.

8 Likes

To fly in Canada, they need at least two vaccinations, although I wouldn’t bet on none of them finding some way to lie about it.

6 Likes

AFAIK, the negative COVID tests within the last day are only required when flying into the US from abroad (including Mexico). If you are coming by land or sea (like a cruise, or border crossing), the vaccination card with proof of being fully vaccinated is sufficient. Not sure if that can be subbed with recent proof of a negative COVID test.

6 Likes

From personal experience, USians can cross with their vaccination card at minimum by land (I have yet to be asked for mine – both ways), and Mexicans can even use the vaccination app on their phone to show proof of having had their shots.

11 Likes

'A group of influencers had a grand time dancing, drinking and vaping on a chartered flight from Montreal to Cancun ’

I’m open for suggestions to the collective noun for a group of influencers.

An idiot of influencers? A wank of influencers?

10 Likes

An influenza of influencers?

15 Likes

An effluence of influencers?

21 Likes

A sans-desseins of Influencers?

17 Likes

An entitlement of influencers?

19 Likes

Enough is enough! I have had it with the motherfuckin’ influencers on the motherfuckin’ plane!

21 Likes

Wasn’t that being used for Karens?

5 Likes

A flatulence of influencers?

12 Likes