Maskless influencers who partied on a plane to Mexico are now stuck, as airlines won't fly them home

I’m supposed to feel sorry for their plight?

Ah, sometimes I’m slow – poor Tulum!

6 Likes

I think these are Canadians. I’m not sure they can just show up at the border, mostly COVID-positive, and expect to just roll on through.

I could be wrong, though.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I figured it would work out the same way they do with folks traveling north to Alaska who have to pass through Canada.

7 Likes

How to get home from Mexico to Canada in an era of travel restrictions? Try hopping aboard a casual heroin-smuggling submarine. Nobody will notice you then.

5 Likes

Goddammit, I love Tulum and the whole Yucatan Riveria area in general. Mexico deserves better than those guys.

13 Likes

I am sure you can split up human beings into a lot of 1 Kg packages. But I’m not sure what you do with them after that.

4 Likes

That’s where the new dietary guidelines come into play:

5 Likes

“All the flights have been [canceled],” Rebecca St-Pierre, 19, told the Canadian Press.

[shit-canned] I think?

5 Likes

A couple of the employed may even be fired (just for being outed to 300M people as being stupid assholes).

8 Likes

When I was a fifteen year old living in Canada, I arrived home after school one day to see my Mom entertaining a thirteen year old girl, daughter of one of my Mom’s friends. Her family had been spending an extended vacation in Mexico. She got bored, told her parents she was hitchhiking home.
My Mom thought “Oh yeah, sounds reasonable”. JK, she called parents in Mexico, turns out they had willingly let her go. Even to a fifteen year old meathead (me) this seemed wildly irresponsible…girl was capable and intelligent, but still…

12 Likes

Does Spirit fly between Mexico and Canada? Or are any of the floating petri dishes still calling at Cancún?

3 Likes

Maybe they can hire a cruise ship.

12 Likes

A selfie of influencers? Or maybe a “pose”? (Instead of “posse”. )

12 Likes

A pretension of influencers?

13 Likes

An infliction of influencers…or an infection of influencers works really well in this case.

14 Likes

A duckface of influencers?

A freeload of influencers?

5 Likes

Free range parenting. When my son was growing up his group of friends included a free range kid. From middle school onward, this kid pretty much did what he wanted. And that included traveling fairly long distances on foot. They have all kept in touch, and now that they are thirty, in many respects the free range kid has better instincts than the others. It really depends on the kid. I couldn’t do it with mine.

4 Likes

As a recovering Quebecker, I can say that this kind of thing was the norm for any sun-destination flight originating in Montreal or Ottawa before the pandemic. Guaranteed to have lots of obnoxious folks that include the airplane bar into their consideration as part of their drunken week.

Also typical for what one would have liked to have been a quiet campsite until the RVs roll into spots designed for tents, the generators get running, and the music starts blasting.

Or a “quiet” visit to a friend’s cottage by the lake turns into a combination Harley-Davidson/Sea-Doo rally, complete with a 3AM fireworks show. Every. Time.

Now, I don’t mean to generalize, because it’s not fair to do so… but I can say that since moving away from Quebec I’ve had far fewer drinks spilled on me on airplanes and far fewer ruined vacation retreats. There is a marked cultural departure between Quebec and the rest of Canada when it comes to defining what it means to “get away from it all.”

6 Likes

Can BB please remove the tweet from AngrySven in the OP? He is a notorious alt-right monster and massive public transphobe. Just look at his recent tweets and the dog whistle word “liberal” inserted into his tweet to try and spin this event to his ends. BB should not be boosting his signal, just because he happened to post about an event that BB wants to talk about also.

11 Likes

3 Likes