After 46 years, a teacher made good on his 1978 promise to watch 2024 solar eclipse with students

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/16/after-46-years-a-teacher-made-good-on-his-1978-promise-to-watch-2024-solar-eclipse-with-students.html

15 Likes

There is still some good news in the world.

9 Likes

i keep telling people that we’re gonna get together to see the 2045 one in the black rock desert before burning man that year, but so far everyone just nods and says “suuuure…” – BUT I’LL SHOW 'EM!

7 Likes

Curse those clouds.

2 Likes

Hmm. Assuming I’m alive, I’ll be 74. If I’m living in Wisconsin, or whatever my area is called by then, I’ll have to make plans to watch it.

5 Likes

It looks like totality won’t quite make it to Wisconsin in 2044. 2099 should be great, though!

1 Like

I’m really jealous. My neighbor across the street set off fireworks during totality. :rage:

5 Likes

Hmm. Well, I’ll only be … er … 131. That’s possible, right?

6 Likes

Who knows? Maybe you’ll get trapped in an iceberg on Lake Michigan and be thawed out just in time for the eclipse. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Who’ll feed the cats?!? Where are my partners during all that? Augh! :cry:

4 Likes

Icebergs can get quite large, but maybe a roadtrip in 2044/2045 would be more practical.

3 Likes

The running joke in our family is…

Whenever our daughter or my wife get a good picture of me I get to decide if it goes on the memorial board.

Our daughter put together a good picture of me from the 2017 and 2024 eclipse.

I said that goes on the memorial board but also on display at the 2045 eclipse in memory of me.

She said nope, you’re going to be there.

I’ll be 81 an my wife will be 82. I’ve got a bad ticker but I’ll give it my best shot.

I’m gonna have to make an effort.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.