Eclipse 2024

Catch-all for the total solar eclipse tomorrow. Share your experiences, photos, food, drink, or how it was raining where you were.

14 Likes

Looks like rain for us in central Texas. Still hopeful.

Grateful we didn’t travel because this sounds like it’s going to be a mess

https://www.expressnews.com/san-antonio-weather/forecast/article/eclipse-forecast-severe-weather-texas-multi-day-19388259.php

15 Likes

Everyone here is talking about which way to go if it’s shaping up to be too rainy but it seems like the potential for rain is covering enough space to make it hard to get on one side or another of the weather system. I’m kind of looking at it as a social/cultural experience however much I end up actually seeing of the eclipse.

15 Likes

Camped in Indianapolis. The hotel will have their rooftop pool area open and the bar open. I’m hoping to see a comet during totality.

The hotel provided eclipse glasses, and a moon pie!

29 Likes

Looks like it’s definitely changed people’s plans.

11 Likes

21 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

It does suck that the weather is disrupting people’s plans, thankfully i’ve seen a full eclipse before though it would’ve been nice to experience it again. We’ll see how the day shakes out.

9 Likes

15 Likes
15 Likes

They are expecting a lot of tourists in small communities that aren’t prepared for such crowds.

4 Likes

Image did not upload

1 Like

My bad…

15 Likes

20 Likes
9 Likes

Cloudy here, but there’s a chance that the lack of Sun might peek through.

7 Likes

Currently the only clouds are airplane vapor trails. The penumbra may clear those out

12 Likes

My daughter had to share this cute cookie she bought for today.

Fortunately, the skies look to be clearing up in northeast Ohio this afternoon.

15 Likes

Final NOAA map update.

Looks like @ClutchLinkey may be the only one with guaranteed clear skies today?

12 Likes