Marjorie Taylor Greene's boyfriend says people who made fun of him for eclipse warning are "going straight to hell"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/08/marjorie-taylor-greenes-boyfriend-says-people-who-made-fun-of-him-for-eclipse-warning-are-going-straight-to-hell.html

12 Likes

“There’s a lot of good people that will be going straight to hell.”

I don’t think that’s how hell works.

52 Likes

Good point. I assume if you’re a good person who ends up in hell that you can complain to the management and ask to be re-seated.

20 Likes
11 Likes

In a built up suburban setting this “plague” of locusts is going to be harder on the locusts. That doesn’t mean they still won’t breed like MAGA though.

5 Likes

It’s how some evangelicals think it works. They think only faith matters, not works. Some even think it is predetermined even before your birth whether you are going to hell or heaven. And they think we can tell who the blessed are because God favors them in this life. And that’s how they know Trump is one of the chosen.

(I sincerely wish I were making this up)

38 Likes

Meh. Mocking baldy results in bears, not cicadas.

23 Likes

Maybe it’s good for these idiots to gain attention for their very stupidity, and to have absolutely nothing happen. Maybe some of the people listening to him will say to themselves, “hey, that idiot’s full of shit.”

At least Optimistic Me likes to think that.

In reality, Jaded Me knows that people who are looking for signs will always find them. “Brian Glenn said we’re in the end times, and Marty at church said his neighbor’s cow had a stillbirth during the eclipse! It’s really the second coming of Jesus, that’s for sure!”

17 Likes

I don’t care where I “go” once dead…as long as it’s the opposite of where the maganuts go.

19 Likes

OK, fuckface, show me in your bib-lee where it says, “He who poketh fun at a wilfully ignorant cretin shall go to hell.”

Here I’d thought lying was a sin.

21 Likes

What a lovely couple. They’re made for each other.

17 Likes

Rookie mistake. He forgot to ask for money.

26 Likes

The stupid! It burns!

8 Likes
2 Likes

FTFY.

19 Likes

I just wish they’d go away and leave us alone. Right now.

8 Likes

The last normal weekend in some time was back in late 2016. Since then I have felt like I’ve been living in the end times b/c one political party has been intent on doing whatever the opposite of immanentizing the eschaton would be called.

14 Likes
3 Likes
14 Likes