Marjorie Taylor Greene's boyfriend says people who made fun of him for eclipse warning are "going straight to hell"

They are bonkers to be sure, but I am finding it impossible to imagine what their daily conversations are like. Not the broadcast stupidity, but the ‘don’t forget to walk the dog’ level domestic interactions. These people baffle me.

3 Likes

Why the fuck don’t I have eyes?!

7 Likes
2 Likes

il_340x270.3690264131_a2mm

13 Likes

Fuck off, you brainless wannabe false prophet.

6 Likes

As the old saying goes “go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.” Doubly true if the afterlife is anything like what the evangelicals believe.

Honestly, spending all eternity hanging out with a bunch of self-righteous conservatives in what amounts to a never-ending church service sounds much worse than most conceptions of hell.

14 Likes

It’s okay, Brian. We’ll make sure the mutant star goat doesn’t eat all of the sun.

12 Likes

How do people that stupid live to reach adulthood?

6 Likes

His hair does look a little singed, doesn’t it…

He acknowledges that quakes & eclipses have always occurred … he claims they foreshadow the return of Jeebus.
Since it stands to reason that quakes & eclipses always will occur, then it is obvious that Jeebus will return about the same time as Zarquon.

And he can save his prayers for himself.

5 Likes

“There’s a lot of good people that will be going straight to hell.”

He doesn’t have to worry about that, since he’s clearly not a good person.

It’s definitely how their Hell works. Have a slightly wrong set of beliefs and - oops - you’re going to Hell. Thankfully their god provided very clear, unambiguous evidence… ah, well, at least it provided a very clear and unambiguous text that requires no translation or interpretation or… oh, right, never mind. (Anyways, you should have believed them and not some other guy selling you his interpretation of a particular holy text…)

I love how evangelicals are constantly making arguments that are some version of Pascal’s Wager, while simultaneously demolishing the logic of it with their very existence.

He makes it sound like it’s some freak occurrence and not a highly predictable, regular event* with a very simple cause. Mixing up cicadas and locusts (leaving aside that he seems to be making reference to Revelation locusts that are weird monsters, not insects) is on par with the rest of this nonsense.

*Though I’ve been noticing some Christians talking about how eclipses are always signs of God’s displeasure, which implies either their God set the orbits of the Earth and Moon such that eclipses would always occur at the time/place when people were going to Biblically fuck up (in which case there’s no free will and everything is predestined), or their God made people do fucked up things in those times/places so that the eclipse would mean something… I dunno, I don’t think these guys have thought this through.

Sadly, by the nature of these things, it doesn’t dent either their authority nor the belief in the End Times of their followers.

Yeah, my grandmother always told this story about how when she was a little girl, someone “prophesied” that Jesus would return in her lifetime. (It was very much “some random person I knew claimed it - therefor it’s true!”) She died at 100 years old, still waiting. But then again, it’s the entire premise of Christianity - it was supposed to happen in the lives of the first Christians, and two millennia after their deaths, the failure to reappear hasn’t been seen as an insurmountable issue…

I believe it’s pronounced “Bibble,” rhymes with “kibble.”

7 Likes

The comedian formerly known as Eddie Izzard calls it the bib-lee.

8 Likes

But he did come back! He made the Sun shine over Manchester which I’m sure counts as a miracle.

12 Likes

Hey checks notes Brian Glenn…

Mtv Shut Up GIF

That was such a good show. I loved the ending!

3 Likes

I would be very surprised to find out they have actually thought about anything to do with their beliefs at any point, instead of just absorbing bellyfeels from their parents and preachers with zero introspection.

5 Likes

The eclipse came and went. The only sign I seen is folks like these showing this country is still having issues with lead in drinking water

6 Likes

Plus this:

9 Likes

Now we know that his poor judgment is situation specific.

5 Likes

I figure there’s some (highly specific) aspects they’ve thought through, but they’re probably the sorts of things that wouldn’t ever occur to me, weird and unpleasant elements that most likely involve the precise ways in which the people they don’t like get punished…

2 Likes

Hi America - UK checking in here.

Now the eclipse has concluded, any sign of the Rapture getting underway?

12 Likes