After new formula, low-carb bread is also a durable and effective sponge

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/16/new-formula-of-popular-low-car.html

2 Likes

Durable is not a descriptor I look for in edible goods to eat.

8 Likes

Important to note - this video was posted to Youtube in 2012 - it’s seven years old by now, and the poster may have worked his way through the entire first pack of sponges by now.

11 Likes

Mission low-carb flour tortillas are decent, and very good to use as a base for pizzas or tuna melts, or as wraps. White flour versions are also made by others, all I’ve tried are better than most any other low-carb bread product. Good, not fantastic.

Beyond that, a home-made Flax focaccia (using plenty of spices home-tweaks to make it better) with golden flax meal, or “cloud bread” made from eggs are the best low-carb “breads.” Everything else I’ve tried (including whole wheat low-carb tortillas) is garbage.

A company called Julian Bakery makes a low-carb “bread”,

Shout out to San Diego’s worst bakery.

2 Likes

9 Likes

McDonalds tho

2 Likes

Trick question. They are all the worst.

5 Likes

Umm…Does anybody else here clean their toilet like that? And then place the used cleaning implement on the counter?

1 Like

It’s a floor wax!

It’s a dessert topping!

7 Likes

Corn Tortillas are my go to low carb bread but Oopsie is kind of surprisingly decent.

1 Like

Seriously… I cringed when we reached in with his bare hands and scrubbed the bowl. I gasped when he rinsed the sponge out in the water at the bottom, again with his bare hands. I gagged when he tossed it down on the counter.

Since this is an old video, I’m going to assume that this guy died of sepsis around 6 years and 9 months ago.

1 Like

"low-carb bread is also a durable and effective sponge"

But, is it worthy?

tumblr_mvsx92jgEh1rcaovvo1_400

3 Likes

I’m with you on every point.
Also, condolences to his family.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.