After outcry over blocking links to Mastodon, Twitter announces ban on "promotion" of other social platforms

His turning into Trump progresses swiftly.

13 Likes

“they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly”
Understand Captain America GIF

15 Likes

Moff Elon, only you could be so bold.

12 Likes

If you wanted an ‘everything app’ that allowed stuff you’d just ship a web browser. Anyone who actually uses that phrase intends an app that is everything; and so need allow nothing.

8 Likes
36 Likes

And now we have this.

18 Likes

Star Wars Episode 6 GIF

People will naturally want to vote yes, but that gives him what he wants: an out. But if you vote no, it gives him what he wants: the feeling that people don’t hate him

18 Likes

Seems like a honeypot to ban more people, and then ignore the poll

9 Likes
22 Likes

7 Likes
19 Likes
9 Likes

I don’t being to understand the legal intricacies here - my remit is criminal law - but the French Govt. Minister seems to be making an interesting (EU) legal point.

20 Likes

FTC complaints? Nah.

@brendankeefe: I dipped back into Twitter only to report this to the FTC as a possible anti-trust violation.

QAnon guy can’t tell you about coffee? Willing to work with you, and lie about it at the same time.

10 Likes

I thought he’d run afoul of EU regulations way faster, but really it was only a matter of time.

14 Likes

Heh. He’s probably already in trouble with the EU for lots of things, but they can’t find anyone to escalate the complaint process yet.

13 Likes

He’s likely been breaking EU laws left and right, but if you’re a prosecutor you’re not going to speak up and tell him to stop handing you evidence of his wrong doing. I’m sure each morning they get to the office and take a look at what new crimes they can add to the case they are building, mostly by just reading his timeline.

It takes time to get all those subpoenas, interview Twitter employees in the EU, etc. so that when you actually file the legal actions you have a case you can win.

14 Likes

Think about how many letters have been delivered to vacant offices, how many emails to contacts that no long exist, all with a ticking bomb of text that reads something like “this is your official notification, you have until $date to respond, and then $next_steps will occur”.

2f2af63b05a8d419dd5e32ea1cabc1cc

10 Likes

It’s incredible how quickly (and unnecessarily) he’s gone from some rich weirdo to one of the most hated people on the planet

Not so incredible when one considers how for years he’s treated thousands of Tesla and SpaceX employees. People are gonna talk.

9 Likes

And a strange one indeed: “My racists love me more than your racists, nyah, nyah, nyah!”

7 Likes