"Aggressive chicken" terrorizing bank customers

Fighting cocks are scary. I remember years ago buying a goat from a guy that bred fighting cocks in south Louisiana (we used the goat as a lawn mower; no idea why the cock fighter had them). Those birds are terrifying. And yeah, its been about 10 years since cock fighting was outlawed but there are bound to be plenty of birds that were bred for aggression still around.

4 Likes

Roosters are still chickens. They’re just not hens.

Hens can be quite violent to each other, but aggression in general is more of a cockerel thing (which is why we find it convenient to kill nearly all of them, on an industrial scale, within days of them hatching).

Earlier today I learned an interesting fact, which is that when a cockerel hatches a serpent’s egg (or lays an egg immediately before dying, depending on the source), you get a basilisk, which is a lizard so poisonous it can kill you just by looking at you, and cracks stones by walking over them. The only thing that can kill a basilisk is the stench of a weasel.

You might think that’s all horseshit, and you’d be right, but it’s is the kind of thing the world’s smartest people used to believe. So that’s something to bear in mind when Donald Turmp opens his mouth and folks act like the difference between him and actual informed people is simply a matter of taste.

11 Likes

Really counting on that nest egg.

10 Likes

Saying “that’s not a chicken, it’s a cock” is like saying “that animal isn’t cattle, it’s a bull.”

“Chicken” is the species. “Hen” or “cock/rooster” indicates the sex.

10 Likes

“Aggressive chicken”

I prefer mine funky, thanks.

7 Likes

Ever been to Key West?
We know a thing or two about feral chickens…

2 Likes
7 Likes

feathers-mcgraw

14 Likes

I blame Johnny Cash:

5 Likes

Guess we know the answer to the age old question of why he crossed the road: he heard the sirens coming.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Fun true story, as a kid we had one just like this… We named it “Dinner” it lived up to it’s namesake after tramatatic assaults three of my little sisters. The devil goat on the other hand needed real cowboys. We figured when we put that wicked goat (with clear warning) on the FREE section of the local Craigslist, that it would be fajita’s that night. Wrong. Turns out this breed of goat is so notoriously cruel that pro cowboys pay good money for them. You see, if a horse can’t be broken by a human they lock the goat up with the wild horse, the goat tortures it till it is disheartened enough to accept a cowboy, barely… :confused:

2 Likes

“The only thing that can kill a basilisk is the stench of a weasel.”

Unless you’re Harry Potter, then you can kill one with a big ass sword you pulled out of an old hat, delivered by an apparently sentient phoenix. But that seems unlikely.

2 Likes

That’s highly unscientific. I refuse to believe it until I hear it from Sean Hannity or some other authority who does a lot of angry shouting in drag queen makeup

3 Likes

6 Likes

But shouldn’t a capon be singing soprano? https://www.dartagnan.com/what-is-a-capon-how-to-cook.html

1 Like

Or treble. However, I’ve got to applaud any singer who happily calls himself “El Capon”. The video seemed appropriate to the thread.

People still breed them for cockfighting, and cockfighting still happens.

Highly entertaining!

3 Likes

Aggressive Chicken = my new band name

1 Like