AI app morphs man into uncanny female persona

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/16/ai-app-morphs-man-into-uncanny-female-persona.html

2 Likes

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

14 Likes

Gross clueless comment is gross, and clueless.

This is a better quote:

12 Likes

This is bizarre and freaks me out a little. It’s making changes to the eyes and hair but also very weirdly the shirt. Is the whole image new or is it just changing part of it? I wonder what kind of training data the researcher used because the green chair keeps morphing in time with the image of the woman. How specifically did he train it to make him look like one person?

1 Like

Using the power of Google Image Search, I transformed Jim Halpert into McGruff, the Crime Dog.

8 Likes

I mean…this is interesting, yes, but it’s a different face with every frame. Which is what you’d expect, based on the way these ML novelties work.

There has been software for a decade or more that maps out the points on your face and applies a transformation to a 3D model of another face; on decent hardware this will run in realtime. That’s not what’s happening here. What’s happening here is much dumber, although probably more processor-intensive.

4 Likes

I’ll never unsee that now!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.