AI Dungeon, the "infinite" text adventure is available as a smartphone app

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/17/ai-dungeon-the-infinite-t.html

3 Likes

Looks interesting, I’ll put that right next to my un-read copy of War & Peace…

2 Likes

Infinite Zork.

4 Likes

Because I was really wanting ELIZA (with contemporary generative text algorithms) to be my next GM. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Where the likelihood of being eaten by a grue eventually becomes 100%?

2 Likes

What happens if ELIZA starts playing AI Dungeon?

2 Likes

How would you feel if ELIZA starts playing AI Dungeon?

7 Likes

Audiobooks are proof of a benevolent god who loves us.

Also: local libraries typically have audiobooks on CD and streaming.

Just sayin’… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you sure this isn’t about ol’ Al Dungeon, the cut-rate DM you can hire down at the Bird and Baby Pub?

2 Likes

Always be suspicious when something that should trivially work as a website is turned into an app.

2 Likes

Prison Officer by day, Dungeon Master at night.
“I knows what I like, and it’s the clangin’ o’ doors!”

2 Likes

True. Unless:

• …the app runs entirely inside your phone (or caches/syncs offline data) and you’re therefore not dependent on an actually connection to the server, considering the notoriously bad network coverage in many places around the world
  • … you want a great and snappy UI, which is in some cases simpler to achieve with native software
  • … as a programmer you decide you don’t want to code in JavaScript and/or for a browser that limits your options of doing things
  • … the app makes use of phone features not exposed to software running in the browser

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.