AI-powered STI scam wants your d*ck pics

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/20/ai-powered-sti-scam-wants-your-dck-pics.html

4 Likes

Why would anyone harvest dick pics?

Besides, my understanding is that you only need to go online with a female-sounding name and you’ll get sent more dick pics than anyone could ever possibly want. If collecting dick pics is really the goal, this approach sounds unnecessarily complicated.

17 Likes

… So maybe I should start uploading pictures of obviously fake “appendages”, then? (I know a couple sites that would have some hilariously good ones to use…)

3 Likes
I was thinking this one. (arguably SFW)

8 Likes

“AI” image generation’s gotta be good for something.

“Siri, tell Stable Diffusion to create 30 pictures of diseased, deformed genitalia. Make them as disturbing as possible.”

3 Likes

I was thinking more of an adult toy seller, myself. ::chuckles::

3 Likes

Does it do any image recognition, or is it just looking for an image file?

Dick pic:
NionSocket

11 Likes

If they can attach a name or e-mail or IP location to the dick pic, they can use it as the basis of an extortion scam. They’ll scare the mark by claiming that he sent it to someone underage and threaten to release a faked exchange to the local authorities.

Most people won’t fall for it, but (as always with scammers) they only need to find the gullible minority who will pay through the nose to make the problem go away. Mass collection of pics means more possible victims.

9 Likes

They can take my dick pics from my cold dead hands.

Edited for comprehensibility.

3 Likes

I sent my favorite Dick pic to my friend:

And she responded by showing me a booby.

12 Likes

9 Likes

Right, when whole ones grow on trees.
nuns-pick-fruit-from-a-medieval-penis-tree-bnf-ms-fr-25526-v0-dmue4hoqauba1

13 Likes

To automate sending them to women. Anything to make us feel like shit and to shut us up. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I bet it’s run by a group of women. This amazing PUA I met told me that women can’t get enough dick pics.

/sarcasm

2 Likes

Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

ETA: if someone cares about someone enough to want to have sex with them, they should care enough to get screened by doctor/clinic/urgent care first.

1 Like

…oooo that one’s tricky! /rimshot

3 Likes

Somebody watched Silicon Valley

2 Likes

Every story about stuff like this should end with, “By the way, this is all 100% perfectly legal in the United States, but not in Europe, because they have this thing called GDPR, and among other things, it says you can only use data for the reason it’s collected. The US doesn’t have that, but it could, and it would make this sort of thing worthless as a business model.”

6 Likes

I bet there is no AI involved and they are using Amazon Mechanical turk and paying 10 cents a head

1 Like

Woooo! Just sent them a pick of my dick. Spread the love/dick pics!

(/s)

iI appears we will all be drowning in dick picks at some point in humanity’s future. I don’t really know how to prepare.