Airport provides slide to help passengers make their flight on time

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/07/airport-provides-slide-to-help.html

3 Likes

Just wait until someone with a too-large carry-on gets stuck in there.

24 Likes

My granddad was held–and tortured–by the Japanese in Changi in the Second World War. It’s nuts to think that that same compound is now full of sculptures and slides. Not to be a downer. I’m happy it’s been reclaimed.

14 Likes

singapore is really leaning into the whole disneyland with the death penalty thing

14 Likes

I’d ride that even if I wasn’t late

13 Likes

For those who have never been there, believe it: for such a small country, that airport is GINORMOUS! I had to get across it in a hurry 35 years ago and even without my carry-on luggage it would have been a feat. I’m sure it hasn’t gotten easier.

8 Likes

but expected to be higher with the opening of:

2 Likes

Is the music part of it? Sounded very DisneyPark like if so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eh - that’s nothing. Philadelphia provides you with a free obstacle course.

18 Likes

“Running for your gate, carry-on in hand to make your flight on-time is the worst. Sliding to your flight’s gate? … The only catch is that you have to spend S$10 at one of the airport’s many restaurants or businesses.”

But if I’m about to be late I don’t have time to go buying something from a restaurant. This idea doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Or a too large American-style body!

1 Like

Baggage and training on how to turn your phone an entire 90 degrees (without any physical strain or emotional stress) cost extra. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Look, there is no need to body shame me.

If you’re in such a hurry that you need to use the slide, will you really have time to stop and shop in order to use it?

1 Like

Well it doesn’t take long to purchase a $10 (10 piece) pack of gum at US airports…

/s

3 Likes

It was all fun and games until grandma with her walker was late for a flight, then broke a hip…

2 Likes

Well, that all depends on how long the line is, and just how slow the idiots in front of you are going…

Give them a few years, and they will have fitted a mechanical sorting mechanism to the slides so that it can deposit each passenger at the correct gate.

8 Likes

So it’s fun to fly, again.

The 8-year-old inside me thinks we should be able to bunjee-launch up to a platform high in the sky, and then take a slide to our chosen destination.

4 Likes