Alameda County Sheriff boots Mother Jones reporter from SWAT show for "unauthorized photos"

Just look at it… I guess?

8 Likes

I see people who would likely risk their lives to save yours. There are some problem police officers and departments, but the vast majority of them actually want to do a good job serving the public.

1 Like

A good intention is worthless if the consequences are harmful. The disturbing culture of modern law enforcement cannot be justified.

6 Likes

Oakland cops are corrupt to the core.

1 Like

As a pedestrian, a bicyclist, and a parent who waits outside my kids’ classes at the mini mall (vs. sitting inside my air conditioned, running car for the whole hour), I’ve had passive-aggressive fantasies about either the banana or that other thing.

1 Like

With few exceptions the community lifesaving by cops includes a shrinkwrap EULA which includes a right to complete control as permitted by courts in exchange for protecting you, as opposed to fire/EMS who pretty much just like the job and don’t require or request amped offensive firepower, just more chrome and lights on the firetruck, neat rescue gadgets, or a better paycheck.

6 Likes

I’ll still play people for money at missile command, like.

3 Likes

I’m interested to know what the statistics are on lives saved vs. lives taken by the police in America. More importantly though, I’d like to know whether this sort of equipment and culture was ever responsible for saving lives. If most SWATS are such great folks, then why are t-shirts like this being marketed to them?

They show as much respect for protesters as they do for armed murderers (who they won’t even acknowledge as mentally disturbed). What does that tell you?

6 Likes

Another possibility is that kind of polyurethane foam used in construction business. A small puff in the tail pipe, it expands inside and solidifies. Much more difficult to remove than a banana, takes the car out of commission for longer.

1 Like

Well, as long as it takes me to loosen the bolts holding on the downpipe & roar off into the night with open headers :wink:

2 Likes

*scribbles notes in notepad

1 Like

“And I’m proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I’m free…”

to sit down, shut up, consume, and do what I’m told.

2 Likes

True! However, it does not involve shooting, beating, taser, tear gas nor pepper spray, so it is somewhat outside of the reach of the mindset of an average cop.

Didn’t you play keyboards for Spinal Tap?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.