Alan Moore is back and he's "bursting with fiction"

Originally published at: Alan Moore is back and he's "bursting with fiction" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

20 Likes

Some read Beef and Dairy Network Podcast vibes.

3 Likes

Best stories I have ever heard were from farmers and sailors, they can’t be beat.

7 Likes

Sounds uncomfortable - isn’t there a cream for that?

2 Likes

Better that than bursting with snake eggs.

4 Likes

Watchmen sure stood the test of time.

2 Likes

I ended up liking Jerusalem, for what it’s worth.

5 Likes

Will there be a new genre of literary cyst YouTube videos for that?

3 Likes

Well sailors anyway. Most of the farmers’ stories I hear… not the greatest to be honest.

2 Likes

Or bursting with song. I was diagnosed with that and was exiled to an abandoned part of town. Eventually even the racoons kicked me out.

8 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if this fiction he’s “bursting with”, is about old men having sex with young women, about how the popular fiction of today is shit while the old and obscure popular fiction he likes is good, or maybe both?

1 Like

How did you get through it? I tried. God knows I tried.

You’re the first to attribute it to chemo. or failing microbiome health, I think.

1 Like

Except maybe the whole heroine eventually falling for the guy who tried to rape her subplot.

4 Likes

Are you sure you’re responding to the right post, in the right thread?

In any case, happy cake day! :cake:

Giant squid didn’t stand the test of anything though.

Mind you I enjoyed how they doubled down on squid in the TV series. That was funny.

2 Likes

“I couldn’t be happier with the new home that I’ve found at Bloomsbury: a near-legendary independent publisher with a spectacular list and a fierce commitment to expanding the empire of the word,” said Moore. “I have a feeling this will be a very productive partnership.”

Sounds like something written by a PR flack and not by a mad wizard.
Probably the least Alan Moore “quote” I have ever read.

3 Likes

Bursting with fiction? Ah, that explains the stain on the sofa. I thought it smelled of adjectives.

3 Likes

I actually listened to it on audiobook while training for a marathon. The only place where that was really hard was the Lucy chapter. Even the Angel speech for the most part was okay.