Aldi price map

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/15/aldi-price-map.html

6 Likes

Okay, but really the best part of this story is the history of the two halves of the chain, and learning Trader Joe’s is just the other half of old Aldi. Neat!

10 Likes

Fun fact (at least if you like Trader Joe’s): You can occasionally find a Trader Joe’s product or two at an Aldi North in Europe.

5 Likes

In Europe (France and UK) all I have ever seen is vanilla Aldi signs. Which one is that?

1 Like

Aldi south. At least I’ve only ever seen Aldi south in the UK. Never seen an Aldi in France

3 Likes

Hmmm - it might have been a Lidl. Memory malfunction, perhaps.

3 Likes

Left is the Aldi north logo, right Aldi south, bottom is obviously Lidl

3 Likes

I looked on google maps. It was an Aldi and it was the north logo. NW France

3 Likes

Yeah, looks like France is Nord, while the UK is, as I said, Süd.

4 Likes

Aldi North is Trader Joe’s? Or Aldi North owns Trader Joe’s?

2 Likes

good question. i know Aldi (not TJs, so i’m assuming Aldi South) is buying up Winn Dixie stores around here. don’t know if they will change the name of the store, or leave it WD under their ownership.

1 Like

I humbly request of the universe a Ken Burns documentary of the North vs South Aldi story. “Ashokan Farewell” plays while Morgan Freeman gives a dramatic reading of an invoice for Hummus.

7 Likes

Take that Florida! Even Floridians don’t want to eat your green so-called “oranges” and prefer the real deal imported from California.

3 Likes

haha! you are not wrong! i know i don’t like florida oranges, but you can discount that because i don’t like oranges at all!
now, you wanna talk avocados?:wink:

when my trees are not producing, i will buy Aldi organic avocados, but currently, that means crossing “the stretch” to Florida City on the mainland. not something i do on the regular (i hate it!).
Florida City (at the southern end of Miami-Dade county) is the closest Aldi to me. with Aldi purchasing at least one of the Winn Dixie store in the keys, i am hopeful for one more reason to never leave the islands.

3 Likes

And in Austria, Aldi Süd is:

And in Switzerland, Aldi Süd is:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.