Algorithmic cruelty

I have a photo album with the title ‘Happy Memories’ on it. It’s so cruel and insensitive when I willingly open it and it shows me a photo of someone that died.

I have a good hack for avoiding Facebook algorithms. I don’t use it.

If I were to use it though, I’d probably avoid using it as a stream of consciousness/bin. Meyer losing his daughter WAS a significant thing from this year, something he posted A LOT about. The only error Facebook have made is in tone, and from what I gather Meyer agrees (make sure to read his follow up posted a little before this).

If you don’t want to see it again, write it down and put it in the trash - don’t post it to a an ad network :confused:

Somewhat sarcastic – one does need have to have the technical ability to propose a solution in order to point out a problem. It may be that there isn’t even a solution – but that does not invalidate a critique (nor does it validate a critique).

1 Like

True that. However, proposing a solution gives the critique quite some more punch. And makes it stand out of the crowd.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.