All six Myst games will soon be available on Windows 10 for the first time

I don’t think it had the most tuneful ambient music, okay but not earwormish, but still I spent so much time with it that I remember humming a few bars of one part of it repetitively. I can’t remember which one, but this is a good example:

1 Like

Then you install a real operating system like Linux. And if you really need certain games that are only on Windows, then you have a dedicated Windows machine that you just do gaming on. But it’s not an operating system that I’d use for doing real work or even web browsing, and certainly not one (especially Windows 10) that I’d comfortable using for anything even remotely private like banking.

I am so not installing W10 right now.
Or ever.

1 Like

Microsoft, 2012: “We are crapping our pants over the mobile revolution and the ipad. Here is a new version of Windows that (kinda maybe) works well on touch-only devices! And you people who still rely on keyboards and mice can go suck it!”

Microsoft, 2015: “Jesus Christ nobody wants to buy Windows 8 (we are so screwed). Here is a new version of Windows that gives you back your start menu and your non-tablet desktop UI (sorta-kinda). And we decided to change our business model and lard in lots of advertising and user tracking, because nobody wants to buy the newest version of Windows anymore so we made it free-ish. Kiss your privacy good bye!”

So, yeah, what you said.

Ha ha ha ha, you are FUNNY.

No, I think I’ll stick to OS’s that were actually designed with usability in mind, TYVM.

1 Like

I’ve used quite a number of OS’s, including various versions of Windows, and find this a rather dubious jab. Linux isn’t even a single OS, so it really depends which actual Linux distro you use.

MacOS I suppose is usable, and at least more trustworthy than Windows, but wouldn’t be my choice for a variety of reasons.

Every version of Windows I’ve used - from 3.11 through to Vista to Windows 10 - employs a notion of ‘usability’ worthy of a denizen of one of the lower levels of Dante’s hell. Perhaps you’re just suffering from a digital version of Stockholm syndrome.

In any case, I’ll stick to an OS I can use, rather than one that uses me.

CP/M wasn’t that bad.

Do they have an iwatch version yet?

For all the OS flamers here: I’ve used Mac OS’s from version 1 to Mavericks, I’ve used MS Dos and Windowses 3.11 to 10, Linuxes (Linici?) from early 2000’s Slackware, via Gentoo to Ubuntus with Unity. I’ve used iOSses and Androids. So I can tell you this with 100% confidence: Mac OS X Panther is the best operating system out there. In conclusion: I urge you all to buy a G4 Mac with Mac OS X Panther and throw away all other hardware.

Also, of all fruits, strawberry has the best flavor. I’m very sorry, people. Y’all have to abandon all other fruits. Clear out your fridges. Strawberry is the best.

1 Like

In my experience nothing runs in wine except notepad and minesweeper.

Back in the day when it first came out, I was doing my first internship at a design agency and another intern brought it in. We played it during every lunch hour for weeks, collaborating on the puzzles, taking screen shots of particularly lovely scenes, and just enjoying exploring around. When we finished, the other intern declared his intention to quit design and go work for Cyan or do 3D for movies, whichever worked out. I was so impressed by it that I changed majors to go into 3D and game making.

He ended up doing both, working for Cyan, then becoming a special effects artist for big Hollywood blockbusters, where he still is today. I ended up switching back to design. But MYST was the kind of game that looms large for people.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.