Alligator vs. Drone

Originally published at: Alligator vs. Drone | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I really hope the gator isn’t hurt by the batteries or drone. People are morons

22 Likes

Are alligators still protected? From harassment and such?

That pop was the battery pack getting punctured and starting a fire. If that alligator swallows it, it is most likely going to die.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Spicy! Obviously not good eating for the poor 'gator.

2 Likes

“Don’t eat that, you idiot” says the idiot who flew the tiny drone to the open mouth of an alligator.

I hope that alligator is all right, millions of years of evolution has not prepared it for this level of stupidity.

9 Likes

When did they start prescribing lithium to alligators?

Damn health care system…

1 Like

Please tell me someone arrested those dumb asses.

9 Likes

Thanks.
Sad now.

6 Likes

OTOH it might improve the gators mood. It does however serve to illustrate how freakin dangerous lithium batteries can be when they are punctured/exposed to the air. There’s no putting them out and they burn until there’s nothing left to burn.

1 Like

I don’t know what political party this lot belongs to, but it sounds a lot like the Party of Personal Responsibility: “Oh, shit, we’d better get out of here.”

3 Likes

After what that alligator did to my cheetah, Im fine with it.

2 Likes

Yeah, Lipos are no joke. I fly RC planes, so I have dozens of different kinds. To keep them in my house, I have a heavy gauge steel cabinet mounted to a concrete wall where I only store packs discharged to storage level. Anything getting charged is in a vented, ceramic tile lined chamber, and once charged they go into a steel ammo box for transport to the flying field. And the field has buckets of sand in case of fire, because as you noted you can’t put them out, but the sand will contain it somewhat.

I should have known better than to click on this. Now I want to hunt these people down.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.