Alt-right publisher founds ComicsGate comic imprint

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/04/alt-right-publisher-founds-com.html

3 Likes

The ComicsGate thing is so stupid. I can’t even

25 Likes

So now will there be two ComicGate hate groups burning crosses on each others (virtual) lawns?

11 Likes

It’s the exact same shitpile of misogynism, toxic entitlement, and tangential racism etc. as Gamergate, only this time they’re not even pretending to care about “ethics in comic book journalism” or whatever.

15 Likes

Since Vox Day is involved I guess they won’t have a lot of covers and stories with their protagonists doing stuff like this:

22 Likes

I look forward to not seeing these books on the shelves of my local shop.
Is it bad of me to wish Vox Day a day in bankruptcy court over this?

11 Likes

I’m looking forward to the talent that will come on board to be rejected hence forth from the industry. I would never touch anything they decided to work on in the future.

20 Likes

Hope idiots fight among themselves and lose lots of time and money making and being unable to sell bad comics.

9 Likes

So. now is where we get into the first amendment argument no?

He can create and print all he likes. to @snigs point…good luck throwing money away.

5 Likes

They’ll have covers exactly like those, except Hitler will be wearing a rainbow armband and the flunkies will all have “SJW” in bold print on the front of their uniforms. Think 1967 Batman episodes, but without the subtlety.

12 Likes

True. I forgot that for this bunch “liberals are the real fascists”. If they’re going in that direction they should try to acquire the rights to Bizarro from DC so they can use him as their mascot.

13 Likes

I wonder how many of these guys really believe the stuff they say, and how many are just desperate for attention?

9 Likes

Wow this cover look bland and stupid. Nice job demonstrating those guys are talentless hacks.

5 Likes

It’s extremely hard to make it in the comics biz even before you narrow down your audience by pandering to neo-nazis. I expect this to put out a handful of bad comics before closing up shop, doubly so if they’re actually printing the things on dead trees.

12 Likes

Holy cats, I looked more closely after you said that, and…pouches! And straps! This is headed for the sweet spot of Image-era Liefeld so hard, it’s beautiful. Somewhere under that 22 inch waist supporting the 54 inch shoulders are a set of weird looking feet, I guarantee it.

I, for one, can’t wait to see the subtle pencil work of Mike Cernovich, the bold ink choices of Matt Forney, and the snappy dialogue of Pax Dickinson brought to life.

11 Likes

I would welcome new comic publishing companies that rejected public political or ideological agendas and instead focused on producing and publishing great art and rousing yarns. For example, a publisher that published military sci-fi (perhaps also a comic book version of Starship Troopers, the book version) and fantasy. This unfortunately doesn’t seem to be it, just some more finger pointing.

1 Like

“Buy my new komic! It is called EDGELORD and features the adventures of a RIGHT THINKING WHITE CIS MALE and his on going battle with CRYPO-LIBERAL-GYNO-FASCIST_SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR_!” (sigh, even lampooning this kind of thing is depressing)

11 Likes

Some of the titles the imprint are going to debut with are…

Neckbeard The Pirate
The KKK Took My Baby Back Ribs Away (it’s a comedy series)
Cucky The Clown
Horrifying Tales From Live Podcasting In Your Father’s Room
An artbook filled with crappy white supremacist prison tattoos
And a anthology graphic novel series based on Ted Nugent’s nonstop word salad sessions about school shooting survivors

21 Likes

I sincerely apologize if I’m missing your sarcasm, but you think that something like Starship Troopers rejects political or ideological agendas?

22 Likes

There are plenty of great indie titles and publishers fyi. Also isn’t the point of any given literary work to serve as a commentary on important issues? Even stuff like LOTR, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein or Jules Verne’s work were built on certain ideologies. Hell, Starship Troopers is nothing but commentary.

10 Likes