Amazing stories about excessive wealth and privilege, inspired by White Lotus

Of course, there are; my mantra above all is “Tell me a good story.”

That, and I don’t do sunk ‘costs.’

3 Likes

That would be absurd … except Los Angeles

2 Likes

Why do we dothese things for the rich? How about we just say “NO”?

And so they can’t find someone else to do it, wait for the last minute to say no.

I get it, I am relatively poor and would like some of their money too, but we gotta stop acting like money is such a big deal.

2 Likes

Well…in the case of the concierge, because they were an employee of what was likely a multi-billion dollar corporation, or at least of a hotel that caters to the mega-rich. That concierge’s only choice was likely (a) get the frog, or (b) find a new job. So that is a real choice, and quitting is certainly an option, but it isn’t often a realistic one.

5 Likes

“On it, boss.”

1 Like

This topic reminds me of Kevin Smith’s Prince story, in which he related that Prince’s personal assistant told Smith Prince will do something like ask for a camel at 3am and he doesn’t really understand that getting a camel in Minnesota at 3 in the morning is an unreasonable request.

1 Like

Prince Say What GIF

2 Likes

Elite prep-school survivor here, and I can absolutely understand that kind of privilege and entitlement. The rest of us aren’t even human to to these motherfuckers.

4 Likes

The tree frog thing literally only makes sense in an Evil Van Halen’s M&M’s sort of scenario, and even then it’s a stretch. Like maybe you’re a foreign national and next month you plan to enter the country to have an illegal organ transplant in your hotel room and you need to find a concierge who is willing and able to bribe public officials and break laws to help you source a kidney and accommodate your surgeon. So you do this tree frog thing now, and if they can pull it off you’ve found your guy

3 Likes

Then you wake up in a bathtub full of ice with an uncomfortable squirming sensation in your lower back and a hastily-stitched incision emitting tiny peeping sounds.

6 Likes

Ah, but in my hypothetical, “you” are the Russian Oligarch or Saudi Royal or whatever, and it’s some OTHER sap who wakes up in a bathtub full of ice. You’re recuperating nicely in your posh hotel suite with your Emotional Support Treefrog.

Honestly I posted the “the tree frog is a test for the concierge for some much more sinister task later on” as a joke but I’m becoming more convinced as the day goes on,

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.