Amazingly big cruise ships "stretched" to become absurdly massive

Off-topic but that scene… holy shit! :astonished:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about the joins. Cruise ships are built in sections anyway (see below), so I don’t think this will be any different. As for the different hydrodynamic properties, yeah, one would hope they take that into account. They are going to have to change the shape of the bulbous bow as well, because it is tuned to each hull.

7 Likes

Cool! Thanks, I haven’t had a chance to see how they did it in either of the televised versions.

3 Likes

At this rate there will be a cruise ship you could board in some port in the US and get off of at a UK port, and all on foot. Care for a jog along the deck?

4 Likes

Covid isn’t over. I just got Covid on a short vacation, not on a cruise ship. I think your chances of getting sick on a giant cruise ship are still pretty good. It does not help that there are many people not vaccinated or not getting boosters.

4 Likes

I can’t see that word without thinking of bouffants

What I found interesting is that they sold the ship as part of the change. Makes me wonder if there’s some inherent risk that they decided to avoid.

1 Like

The cruise ship pool is a wet box inside the dry box, like George Carlin talking about the refrigerator. If the pool has an island in the middle, that’s the butter warmer equivalent.

2 Likes

Blohm & Voss have been building ships since 1877, odds are they have figured out how to do that properly a while ago.

You can watch some of their floating drydocks from the terrace of an excellent Italian restaurant next to the Alter Fischmarkt while having a nice meal.

5 Likes

Some crypto bros tried to do exactly that, but with only one ship.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.