Amazon on Prime Day Strike: 'People who plan to attend the event on Monday are simply not informed'

I feel like there is a tactical marketing problem with this strike. It’s not super convincing to an average not super informed consumer be all “amazon is terrible. They have this big sale with deep discounts coming up. Don’t buy anything!”

I mean, a workers strike on that day makes sense because it hits the employer where they hurt. But it’s a hard sell for a consumer boycott.

4 Likes

Double Secret Black Diamond Prime Week!

@Jim_Campbell In this cynical world, I wonder if this isn’t actually a viral advertising campaign. I certainly wasn’t aware that Amazon were offering 10% off until I read about the strike… now, I’m even more tempted by the idea of getting a laser cutter or 3D printer.

1 Like

I was basically meaning to not announce to Amazon that they were going to strike, so Amazon wouldn’t just have scabs waiting in busses in the parking lot, and not to scare off consumers.

Besides, everyone likes being part of a conspiracy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s something that happens when a gentleman reaches a certain… monetary wealth level.

3 Likes

You gave me a vision of Amazon having a team of elite scabs in perpetually-circling helicopters, ready to swoop in at the first sign of industrial action and take over work.

For extra irony, they’re much better-paid than regular Amazon workers.

Hey, nanowrimo’s not far away…

2 Likes

I was too tapped out to buy anything anyway but as general rule, never do Prime Day or Black Friday.

1 Like

And if everyone knows, no ine will suspect it’s a secret! :wink:

2 Likes

The appalling working conditions and wages at Amazon led me to do my best to buy from local brick and mortar whenever possible so the strike is moot for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.