Ambiphone is a no-nonsense ambient sound generator

Originally published at: Ambiphone is a no-nonsense ambient sound generator - Boing Boing

6 Likes

… apparently it’s not as easy as it used to be to listen in on the Blue Meanies

1 Like

Wind chimes ?

Wind chimes ?

WIND CHIMES ?!?

1 Like

ah, the other thread is just 4 days old;

oh well, another round… and obligatory;

1 Like

It’s traditional, sort of.

2 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

nnnnope. no forest. I like moodist from above much better; was mixing a nearly perfect forest there and grabbed the audio for offline, the birdsong-sample there is very foresty:

good

2 Likes

images (13)

Not clicking on “brown noise”.

1 Like

Added a request for “Light Snoring” and “Dishwasher”.
Mixing them with “Cat Purring” my night soundscape could then be recreated anywhere, with the added benefit that my SO lacks a snoring volume slider.

2 Likes

Lets see I would need:

• light traffic noise
  • distant train rumbling by (half mile away)
  • Boeing 737 flying at 4000 feet overhead every 15 minutes or so
  • dog pacing on hardwood floors
  • ejector pump kicking on randomly
  • neighbor’s car pumping bass tunes at midnight
  • Owls hooting (November thru March only)
2 Likes

there used to be a phone app called “ambio” i really liked that would let you re-mix the individual “tracks” within each type of sound; so you could create your own river sounds, space ship sounds, whatever…

then android moved to a new version, and it never has. :cry:

1 Like

Tentacles?

Could someone explain what these do? Are they meant to produce a sound every few seconds or something?

Also… the brown note works.

Mathematically different audio in left and right channels that overlap each other in specific ways. (same way two barely off-pitch notes will warble at a rate depending on how far off their frequencies are)

Supposedly certain patterns/frequencies of such interference can stimulate/regulate some brain function or such. Or it just sounds neat/trippy.

2 Likes

Thanks!

its warm. and soft.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.