American Airlines backs stewardess who announced she was "watching" Muslim passenger in Seat 25-A, then kicked him off flight

I kind of got the sense she’d been waiting years for the opportunity, and everyone so far in her section had been lily white. Until that fateful day, where she could stand proud and show herself a true american!

In anther time she’d be denying black people service at the lunch counter, or running Chinese workers out of town once the railroad was finished.

12 Likes

North Carolina! You have failed this city country. Again.

3 Likes

At least I learned “tannoy”, a new word for me.

1 Like

Much like one hoovers the floor, they’re one of the oldest speaker companies going, and their brand has become a generic word. They make lots of audio gear, from public address systems to ridiculously expensive high end audio speakers.

2 Likes

She was annoyed at the gentleman’s tan? Wouldn’t that be going off on a tan gent?

8 Likes

I just have to wonder: was this guy on some kind of weird list? or did he actually do something that caused the flight attendant to have legitimate suspicion? She probably was just being a stupid, Islamophobic bigot. But I can’t help but wonder if there was something that happened to explain this. Open-mindedness demands no less.

What legitimate purpose is served by announcing over the intercom to all passengers that a passenger in a specifically-named seat is being watched? How does that help fight terrorism?

10 Likes

They finally released a pic of the passenger they were monitoring. I think it’s pretty clear why they were concerned. I’d be, too!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.