Southwest Air kicks Muslim woman off plane for switching seats

[Read the post]

3 Likes

It’s important to point out that their stock symbol isn’t actually ‘LOVE’, instead it’s ‘LUV’, which is a nonsense word.

3 Likes

Seems like more and more of these incidents aren’t coming from passenger complaints – witness the fact that the passenger had no problem with the request – but instead are due to cabin crew reactions. What is going on with their training, that this is now so common?

30 Likes

I think my friend Luv would disagree, actually. :wink:

6 Likes

This is bullshit. I’ve had people ask to switch seats on SW and done it without any trouble, more than once.

Now just wait for the apologists to show up. There’s an alarming number of the kind of racist, authoritarian shitstain that doesn’t have a problem with this out there.

26 Likes

The corporation exists primarily to supply comfort to its employees? Hell’s bells, are they hiring?

13 Likes

So people you’re ‘uncomfortable’ with are okay as long as they’re in centre seats?

4 Likes

Yeah. As noted in the article, SW doesn’t even assign seats. This is total and complete horseshit. Apologies dhould be issued, tickets refunded, and racist paranoid flight attendants should be sacked.

13 Likes

Does this mean a flight attendant can remove a person wearing a Red Sox jersey, if the attendant is a Yankee fan?

10 Likes

Well it’s a well known fact that all terrorists take the aisle seat, just Google it.

[note sarcasm, sadly]

9 Likes

I can only assume the attendant thought she place a bomb under the seat, and changed seats to avoid the blast.

[I see your sarcasm and raise you… but sadly, this is probably true]

17 Likes

I think it’s a stretch to think that the attendant is the kind of person who has ever done something that could be described as thinking.

23 Likes

I’ve swapped seats on airlines that DO assign seats. I’m one of those people who will book window/aisle in the hopes that the middle seat doesn’t get taken. When it does (which is usually, honestly), I offer to swap into the middle seat so Mr. Bells and I aren’t talking across someone.

19 Likes

Admittedly I get myself in trouble with that “thinking” thingy sometimes.

5 Likes

This is another story where only one side is being reported. I guess that is the thing we have to deal with today with the speed of the internet news cycle. Companies under such accusations just don’t have the ability to provide timely responses. They have to take the time to do an investigation.
I am not pretending to know what happened on the flight. But what we have so far is mostly from CAIR, and they are very agenda-driven. I am very curious to hear the whole story.

1 Like

No, it really isn’t. Southwest’s position was reported.

19 Likes

Jihad can only be waged from the aisle. True fact.

12 Likes

Even suicide bombers can’t handle being in the middle seat?

7 Likes

The truth needs no time, spin on the other hand does.

15 Likes

Before everyone jumps on the Internet 5 second news cycle dogpile, remember this episode British Muslim family denied boarding on Disneyland trip flight
The rush to judgement mob mentality here is kind of sorry to see. The first reports from an event are often wrong in important details.

1 Like